Notary Rotary
21St CENTURY LEGAL
Notary Discussion History

21St CENTURY LEGAL
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by AngelTX on 1/31/09 1:22am
Msg #276033

21St CENTURY LEGAL

I attempted three appointments with them, only getting checks two times, remembering the whole time : their instructions*DO NOT leave the *Loan Modification Application* with the client., . . . It is imperative that checks be picked up.Do not leave the appointment without them.* **YOU DO NOT GET PAID IF CHECKS ARE NOT PICKED UP.**
Well two times I get checks and the last one, the borrower knew how to read and understood what was said, where it states that upon presenting .. . that basically, once you give them the money there is no guarantee and no money back. Well she was told something different so we call the rep., talk to the supervisor and she states that she will change the wording to make sure she gets her money back. Well she puts in a paragraph but in the coverletter never in the so called contract for services or whatever they call it and the lady was like i dont think so. So I left with no checks and thinking, i am not getting money for this, oh well. So later last week during the eom rush i get calls from them and i am like let me call you back, well the lady go aheads and sends over confirmation that i never agreed to with a fee of $60 that i didnt agree to but, I was like i guess whatever, i will do it. Well yesterday I get a call from an older man, one of the appointments and he stated that he had been calling lending tree and that they didnt know anything about this company, etc., so he was cancelling the appointment, i was like ok, thank you. And then the other guy started calling me, but was always going to my voicemail and then i answered today, while i was going 70 mph down the tollroad, flying to my next signing and he was like this is Jorge and, between flying down the road, rushing to my next appointment and having a hard time trying to remember everyone on a first name basis, with the mental=pause that i get from time to time, I didnt remember this guy, and he was like, i want to reschedule my appointment, so i was trying to remember and then i remembered and then I said ok, we will meet monday then, he sounded weird anyway, so i was like thank you sir, have a nice day. then i get a call from Erika at 21st century telling me that her client said he called me and i was rude. I was like what! then she started getting after me, and i was like, wait a minute, i have already done three of these for you guys and i havent been paid, and i was not rude to your client, it is not my fault they are confused due to your double talking, and i told her to just take me off the list, i dont have time for their mess.

I feel really bad for these people, they are so desperate for help and dont understand really what is going on and these people are like piranas (i know i didnt spell that right, sorry). My friend told me that another company like this charges $1500.00 flat and whatever more you get is yours, and I am pretty sure they are probably working the same way, they need to be regulated by somebody, conartists! Thank you for letting me vent!

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/31/09 7:17am
Msg #276034

Thanks Angel, I feel the same way. I was leary of them the first time so I did it to see what the docs looked like. The couple I was going to were destitute and were giving me there last cent meaning they had no money to pay the mortgage. This company tells people not to pay the mortgage and all I've read is they should show good faith and pay whatever they can so a mod can be negotiated.
Your right they are scavengers to the people that are so down on their luck.

Reply by hp/MD on 1/31/09 9:25am
Msg #276042

OK, I did only one loan modification application and I never do it again. First of all, It is not worth the time and the $50 in my case or $60. In my case, The borrower had to write a check for $2200. He was willing to do it if the agent would guarantee the loan. The agent never did it and the customer did not sign the papers. I got my $50 anyway. So, Never again.

Reply by goodgirl on 1/31/09 10:29am
Msg #276044

This is terrible. I've never been called by these losers, but someone should report them to the branch of the govt that deals with loan fraud.

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 1/31/09 10:38am
Msg #276046

Just curious....Why is it loan fraud?

You shouldn't be making accusations that you can't prove!

Reply by Lilia Dominguez on 3/10/09 9:21pm
Msg #280234

Well in all honesty I served a modification signing for them two weeks ago and the couple was already four months behind and being threatened with foreclosure. They are now starting their modification process and they are being contacted and been keeping them updated. They too had no money for their mortgage payments and in debt. I felt that by going out to do this signing has helped this couple tremendously. This company has posted actual testimonials about the loan mods that have recently closed on their website www.21stcenturyremod.com showing that they have been able to get 3.125% rates for 30 years. How much more help can a person get then that? After seeing these testimonials I feel like I have been a part of this great success. I feel like we should all just do our job as we are hired to do so and not complain about it because there are people out there that would do anything for a job and here is this company employing many people and providing an income for people in trouble. Lets all be fair and just give them a chance. The girls are great and so are the representatives. So give thought or two and try it out don't just judge.

Reply by JandB on 1/31/09 6:16pm
Msg #276068

I just rec'd my first call from them so I did what I always do...check them out on this forum. About the same time I rec'd the confirmation letter telling me to pick up 3 checks for $950 ea. or I would not be paid. ($85) I called back and passed on the assignment. Now I don't have to vent.

Reply by JandB on 1/31/09 7:00pm
Msg #276072

Let me add...thanks! This forum is always a great source of information.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/1/09 8:18am
Msg #276122

There are previous threads on this company. They do call me, but I've chosen not to get involved with this.

Reply by Jessc098 on 2/3/09 6:02pm
Msg #276448

Just a note on 21st Century--I do a lot of work with them. I always tell them that I charge if someone "cancels on arrival" (i.e. declines to sign). I charge a lower rate becuase it doesn't take me as long to be there, so I see it as giving them a break. The idea of not charging after making a trip and incurring costs is outrageous.

They have paid me on cancellations upon arrival, this hasn't been a problem for me.
All the best,

Jessica in WA

Reply by Shannon Stansbury on 3/11/09 11:45am
Msg #280305

I have worked with 21st Century Legal Services for a while now. They have always paid on time, and been more than willing to help the clients. I have NEVER had a problem with them, about money or any kind of problem. 21st Century Legal Services is a great company to work with. I know I will be working with them for a long time.

Good Luck

Shannon Stansbury

Reply by Lucy Levreau on 3/31/09 8:16pm
Msg #282916

Well lady that is not our problem that you get mental=pause?????? That's what you had stated in you "venting problems". You also stated that you did not remember any of the clients name/phone #'s, sounds like you need to deal with all your personal issues before you take on any signings!!!! Please if you would like to "vent about anything you should go on JERRY SPRINGER SHOW, as the company is "ALL ABOUT REAL BUSINESS"!!!!!!!!!! Please stop all this non-sense because you prbbaly had a bad day!!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/31/09 8:26pm
Msg #282919

Re: 21St CENTURY LEGAL - Lucy...I think we can see where the

problem is here.

If you are in 21st Century's corner I believe we can be sure they aren't a company we want to get involved with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.