Notary Rotary
A $.M.A.R.T. loan that wasn't so smart
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Leon_CO on 1/24/09 6:11am
Msg #275484

I got a short-notice call to do a $.M.A.R.T. loan closing. There was a non-borrowing spouse on the documents. I told the husband that his wife needed to be there to sign some of the documents.

Apparently no one told the wife.

Sometimes the financial representative shows up for these closings. It would have been a good idea if he had been there for this one.

The wife was upset because her husband didn't tell her about the loan, and that she would need to sign some of the documents. To keep a long story short, I won't tell you all that transpired. I'll simply say, she decided that she would teach her husband a lesson.

She didn't sign.

Perhaps he'll communicate with her a little better in the future.

Reply by Todd/OH on 1/24/09 1:22pm
Msg #275500

I've had that happen. I called to confirm an appt and he was never told she would need to sign. They were separated and all that. Two weeks later, things were apparently worked out. The closing transpired without either saying a word.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.