Notary Rotary
Canaccord Capital
Notary Discussion History

Canaccord Capital
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Gary_CA on 1/19/09 2:33pm
Msg #275058

Canaccord Capital

Got an email today... looking for notaries to inspect and attest to passports.

I can't do it in CA as a notary, but there's nothing to notarize so that's not much of an issue. Make a copy of the passport, have them sign and sign a letter that says "I'm a notary, I looked at the passport and the undersigned appeared..." or something to that affect.

Anyone have any experience with this???

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/19/09 3:08pm
Msg #275062

Looks like you're being called on in a witness capacity....yes, I have experience operating in the witness capacity - nothing to notarize. Entities hire Notaries simply as neutral third parties to a transaction because our commission and public office - TO THEM - means a higher degree of integrity and responsibility than the "average Joe". Could be a great opportunity.

I market my services to include witnessing events only as a neutral third party.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/19/09 3:43pm
Msg #275066

Sounds okay to me so long as they understand you can't use your seal and that your services as a witness do not equate to a notarial act.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.