Notary Rotary
Certified Loan Agent
Notary Discussion History

Certified Loan Agent
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Mireya Pope on 1/27/09 3:08pm
Msg #275735

Certified Loan Agent

I am a certified Notary . Do I need to have a certificate to do loan documents.

Reply by John_NorCal on 1/27/09 3:13pm
Msg #275736

Certified Notary???

Sounds like you spent money somewhere like NNA to be certified. In truth there is no such thing as a "Certified" Notary. Nothing recognized by the State of California anyway.
But to answer your question, the only thing you need to do loan documents is knowledge. Use the search button or better yet, go to the home page, I believe that Notary Rotary sells a manual or a course to do signings.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/27/09 3:46pm
Msg #275745

There are a lot of NNA "certified" agents out here. IMO, if you really want to set yourself apart, get all the training you can, and start building a reputation as a true professional who knows what they're doing. That worked for me.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/27/09 3:52pm
Msg #275746

Here's a real irony... the NNA will certify you as a Loan Signing Agent, even a background screened one without an actual active notary commission. In fact, their background check does not even ask for nor consider your status as a notary.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/27/09 4:01pm
Msg #275749

That's very interesting & something I did not know. So much for that credibility.......

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/27/09 4:26pm
Msg #275753

Yup. I know of at least three people who obtained the certification and completed the NNA background check before they received their commissions. Granted, these were all in CA and these three people did it while they were in the process of becoming a notary... and all three of them knew they coudn't actually *work* without a commission, but all the same.

Two of them were specifically told at the NNA training seminar that they should do that while waiting for their commissions, that way they were "ready to go" once their commissions arrived.

Now, I've gone through the NNA thing myself... and I've found it to be more helpful than most. I do get calls, and the NNA screening has opened doors. It doesn't matter what *I* think of it... it matters how others perceive it, and a lot of people who actually pay me to work are impressed by it, or at least they accept it as having done a background check. It gets too complicated to tell people that since I'm a CA notary I've *already* passed a pretty hefty background check, because they don't really care or are knowledgeable about the requirements to be a notary. You'd think people in the industry (TCs, SSs, etc.) *would* know that, though.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.