Notary Rotary
FASS
Notary Discussion History

FASS
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by lindab on 1/22/09 3:00pm
Msg #275320

FASS

I have read earlier posts about FASS. I got a call today with the usual low ball offer. They upped their fee to meet what I can live with. The scheduler said that if there are any fax backs that they will pay me an additional $15. That seemed ok UNTIL I got the confirmation. They want me to FAX the ENTIRE LOAN PACKAGE. Are they nuts? There must be notaries out there that are doing this, but I can't see how you can make any money when you have to spend 45 minutes faxing everything back.

Reply by Luana Lonergan on 1/22/09 3:16pm
Msg #275325

I agree. This company is out of touch. They always pay as agreed but usually settle for my fee.

Reply by pan/nd on 1/22/09 4:05pm
Msg #275333

Seems to me you have several choices:

1. Decline the signing and turn it back

2. Send the doc package back on the day it's signed (if possible) and don't fax

3. Do it and ask for a higher fee. If granted...ask for a new confirmation which reflects same.

4. Fax the "usual" docs back and face possible retribution

5. Do it and don't ask for a higher fee--one time basis only-- (if and only if FASS is a GOOD customer of yours)

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/22/09 4:09pm
Msg #275335

Don't do many for FASS (for all the usual reasons) but have never had them even casually mention 'an add'l $15 if faxbacks are required'. Which makes me think they knew exactly what they were doing when they hired you.

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/22/09 5:41pm
Msg #275346

Was it a Chase?
In Tx this package is 150+ pgs with about 50 pgs fax back and you hold docs til they OK to drop them.
When they use me anymore I get $150 plus milage if necesary.
I "bit my lip" when they start to call for the completion before I away from the signing table.
By the way, they were the 1st assignment I ever did back in May of 2000.

Reply by Richard Goodwin on 1/23/09 9:55am
Msg #275373

I've done 2 signings for them with total package faxback. Both were for Provident Funding.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/23/09 10:06am
Msg #275374

Unfortunately, these large companies that pay poorly also end up doing a lot of babysitting.
I'm always amazed that they can't pay us, but can pay for a lot of babysitters on staff.
I personally avoid companies that operate that way, but I'm fortunate enough to get enough business to make that choice.

Reply by Todd/OH on 1/23/09 7:15pm
Msg #275459

I don't get anymore calls from them for this reason. They don't pay reasonably and they make you watch the fax machine. They stopped calling me - good.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.