Notary Rotary
FASS won't hire me anymore because...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by JinCA on 1/15/09 5:04pm
Msg #274591

I won't re-join the NNA! I have worked for FASS for 8 years, "White Glove"and all, and now it's over. Unfrickenbelievable! I live in a fairly small area without too many full time NSA's, so they usually met my fee, and always paid on time, but I can't give anymore money to NNA just so I can work for FASS.
What kind of B.S. is this????

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/15/09 5:15pm
Msg #274592

Linked it for you - someone else went through this

not so long ago...

Reply by JinCA on 1/15/09 5:47pm
Msg #274594

Re: Linked it for you - someone else went through this

Guess I missed that discussion... Thanks.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/15/09 6:33pm
Msg #274602

They must not feel the need for more notaries, I guess. I sent two people to them who *are* NNA members and FASS told both of them that they didn't need them and to check back in 12 months.

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/15/09 6:50pm
Msg #274604

Just read on another board that someone who was told the same thing you were, was just hired today for a signing--despite NOT complying with any of their 'requests'. You can read whatever you want into that--I know what my opinion of these 'requests' is. BTW, I think you made an excellent decision.

Reply by MichiganAl on 1/16/09 12:23am
Msg #274622

I wonder if the Justice Dept would be interested in this

I won't say what they asked me about, but that certainly falls within the general vicinity.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/16/09 2:48am
Msg #274623

Re: I wonder if the Justice Dept would be interested in this

I'm no expert in this area, but it does bring to mind the phrase "restraint of trade". I could be way off base 'cause my brain is fried after a day that felt like EOM (let's hope it lasts!!!), but whatever you call it, it doesn't feel right. "Extortion" is another word that comes to mind. Again, not from a legal sense, just from a gut feeling about the issue.

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/16/09 3:28am
Msg #274628

Re: I wonder if the Justice Dept would be interested in this

It reminds me of when I worked at a bowling alley many years ago in Detroit. It was run by some -- well, let's just call them 'family members'.

A salesman came in one day and wanted to show me an arcade game that he wanted to sell to the bowling alley. I got in trouble for just letting the man in the door. The manager (also a 'family member') told me that there is only one company that they use for arcade games. And you can imagine which 'family' runs that arcade game business.

Kind of makes you wonder if these signing services worry about getting 'whacked' if they hire any signing agent who isn't a member of the 'XYZ' notary association. Wink

Reply by Teddog/CO on 1/16/09 8:03am
Msg #274634

JanetK_CA

Janet I have a very strong feeling someone will be contacting the Justice Dept. We are Independent Contractors and not anyones' employee. Just a guess, but I don't think the government would be thrilled with their tactics. If I remember correctly no one can "force" you to join a union or organization.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/16/09 7:01am
Msg #274630

That was my first thought, too! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 1/16/09 9:01am
Msg #274641

How about finding an attorney to start a class action suit?

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/16/09 9:19am
Msg #274646

What law has FASS "broken"? Clue me in.

I am not a fan of FASS, nor a fan/member of the NNA. Won’t be.

Explain to me why they cannot legally align themselves in this manner?

Some chemical plants in Texas won’t hire contractors who haven’t gone through the safety training and became members of a certain contractor association. Never heard that there was an issue.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/16/09 9:33am
Msg #274652

Re: What law has FASS "broken"? Clue me in.

I meant a class action to NNA for pushing the "required" membership.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 1/16/09 9:57am
Msg #274657

Re: What law has FASS "broken"? Clue me in.

I am not defending all SS's, and we all know there are a number of good ones out there, and I am not a lawyer . . .etc, etc, but I wonder if some of their requirements for SA's are being passed down to them, in their own contract with the lender or TC. Just my thought.

Reply by Accesstoledo on 1/16/09 10:42am
Msg #274663

I wrote on this, back in November, asking NotRot, if something couldn't be done to get our/their background/security check approved by FASS. No answer.
I went ahead and submitted to another background check from NNA, so that I would be approved by 1/1/2009, the deadline FASS had impossed. Comes 1/5/2009 and sure enough, I'm cut off from FASS,because, NNA hasn't submitted my back ground screening results. This past week, I have been on the phone everyday to NNA and still no luck.
Why should, I do this? They are my #2 Client and pay every 2 weeks like clockwork.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 1/16/09 1:33pm
Msg #274722

What's the name of that fish or turtle that sticks its tongue out with that little bit of jiggle like a fishermans lure on the end.?

Reply by Randy Pena on 2/3/09 2:24pm
Msg #276407

FASS stopped calling me because I missed an assignment back in November or December 2008. My computer had crashed and my cell phone was out of commission at the same time. I have all the certifications and all the hardware and technology to do proper and correct loan signings. I take pride in my work. I have the background certification from NNA and from Notary Check. I have $100,000 E&O insurance. I have DSL internet service. I have a laser printer with dual trays and 320 MB of memory. However, FASS determined that since I missed out on a signing, they decided to stop giving me work.

On a positive note, it gives me an excellent opportunity to begin charging FASS and other deadbeat companies a higher price for my services. Plus, we notaries can require more strict standards for these companies that are profiting out of the services and expertise of us loan signing agents. FASS is a low paying company anyways. They pay promptly or quickly, but they are cheap.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.