Notary Rotary
Fox Signing Service
Notary Discussion History

Fox Signing Service
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Catherine Minor on 1/15/09 12:33pm
Msg #274545

Fox Signing Service

Jill at Fox Signing Service scolded me because us notaries always go on these blogs and complain that we don't get paid or whatever, but never say that we do get paid. So here is how it went for me with Fox Signing Service. I did a closing for them on 10/24/08. After several emails and phone calls that were not returned, until I also FINALLY emailed the title company, she contacted me about a month ago. I emailed, called, and faxed, and never heard a word until then. The way the economy is, it makes you wonder if they have gone under when they ignore you like that. A simple answer or reply back is all I wanted. So anyway, today, after almost 3 months since I did the closing, I received my check. So here are all of the facts, and I did let everyone know that I was eventually paid. Decide for yourself.

Reply by pan/nd on 1/15/09 12:42pm
Msg #274546

Put Sox and Fox in the same box with locks!!!

Reply by NC_Notary on 1/15/09 1:07pm
Msg #274556

That is the exact same run around I got and I ended up getting help by the title company. I felt the same way about Fox never replying and only replying once they hear from the title company. And then you get scolded.......

They know what their reputation is and they play stupid. No one should have to always call the title company in order to get them to pay.

Reply by Christine Pardo on 3/3/09 9:46am
Msg #279298

Today Fox phone and fax are not working. No response to email.
Why are we impatient about timely payments?? Because we must jump , print, drive , sign, return - all with just few hours notice. Funny- can't give us 24 hours notice for closing- yet... can take 2+ months to pay.
BTW- if the notary fee is on the HUD-1 - the fee must be disbursed right away. If the fee is included in the title fees- then payment can be as agreed - most often net 30.

Reply by Christine Pardo on 3/4/09 8:56am
Msg #279429

Re: Fox Signing Service - update

I did recieve email from Jill Fox explaining the signing in December "will be" paid sometime in March.

Reply by Christine Pardo on 4/6/09 11:23am
Msg #283766

Re: Fox Signing Service -update

Yep, I too was contacted immediately after posting here via email. This time with a promise payment would be made by mid-March. It is now April and still no payment for a signing done in December.
These are the facts and just the facts.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/15/09 1:43pm
Msg #274564

Heh, I'm guessing that's not quite the high praise she was looking for. Serves her right.

But seriously, why would we come here and post about getting paid? We're SUPPOSED to get paid, it's nothing out of the ordinary and nothing worth announcing when it happens.

Reply by Catherine Minor on 1/15/09 1:45pm
Msg #274566

Just received this from Jill. Trying to decide if this is a threat?

Thank you Cathy for being so professional. And yes, it is annoying that most, unlike you do not ever update they have been paid, even though late. I have been doing this for a long time and trust me for a long time in the future. You can bet on that. I understand your frustration and I too will let relay your thoughts and opinions to my comrades in these times. Good luck to you.

Jill Fox

Reply by Catherine Minor on 1/15/09 1:52pm
Msg #274569

And another from Jill,

I did forget to mention that why do you not state that you denied posting when I asked that you post when the check was received. You know darn well you did 12.27. That was a lie. You do not mention that do you. Trust me, as have a forum to give your opinion and views, so do we. Practice what you preach. I sincerely wish you well though, honestly, because my company will be around for a long time. Just had to add that food for thought.

Thank you for listening,

Jill

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/15/09 2:10pm
Msg #274573

That b!tch is delusional. She actually wants you to post that it took them 2 months to pay you for a signing?

But yeah, I guess her company will be around longer than many since they have all that extra income from screwing notaries over. It's amazing how much more money being a deadbeat can put in your pocket.

Reply by John_NorCal on 1/15/09 2:41pm
Msg #274577

As they say in Spanish..

Ella tiene bastante cajones!

Reply by jojo_MN on 1/15/09 2:48pm
Msg #274579

Any idea where the website for that forum is? n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/15/09 4:58pm
Msg #274588

Re: Any idea where the website for that forum is?

In their imagination.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 1/16/09 8:21am
Msg #274635

Catherine Minor

Fox has had a reputation for years, rude, slow pay,... That email she sent you is just plain old "out of line" and a lot of gall for someone you have to chase for payment. Yes her email sure appears to be a threat. I have no idea why some people treat notaries like they are a doormat. Go figure?
Now if that email came from a good company it would cause concern. But good companies pay in a timely manner Smile

Have a great weekend!

Reply by Catherine Minor on 1/15/09 1:54pm
Msg #274571

When I work, I expect payment, bottom line.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/15/09 4:19pm
Msg #274581

When a company calls us to do a signing, we have entered a verbal contract.
Their part of the contract is to pay us. When you have to go to the tc to chase your money that is not part of the bargain. I'm grateful for places like Signing Central where we can share our experiences, and avoid companies that are deadbeats. I new "tool" of mine is to tell any company that has a bad payment rep that I will only accept the assignment if they pay me by PayPal up front. It has worked.

Reply by mobitary on 1/15/09 6:44pm
Msg #274603

I'm so glad this forum and signing central are starting to cause an effect in this business, I personally do not work for signing companies, but this is a good way to weed out the bad ones,
please keep posting on these deadbeats.

Reply by jjill_CA on 1/15/09 10:18pm
Msg #274615

I wonder if Jill has to wait 2 months to get her paycheck??? Her tune might change! Thanks for posting...we need to stick together!

Reply by Todd/OH on 1/15/09 11:07pm
Msg #274618

I think I've done my last signing for them. I took it only because it was actually within walking distance. It took 111 days to get paid. Got the check this week.

Reply by Patricia Pollina on 1/28/09 5:50am
Msg #275784

Re: Fox Signing Service- they pay, but are behind 45+ days

We're all feeling the pinch of this economy, but Fox Signing Service
has come through, although late. The lines of communication did
remain open. I too, did a closing on 10/24/08. The check was
dated 12/29/08 and I received payment on January 21, 2009,
as promised. My comments are also posted in Signing Central.

They were good to work with, just slow to pay.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.