Notary Rotary
Genuine title
Notary Discussion History

Genuine title
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Safir - Konstantin on 1/28/09 7:33pm
Msg #275844

Genuine title

I am the owner of the Genuine title Closing Department.

I want to put an end to the bad reputation for good. I want all notaries to understand that genuine title just like the rest of the economy had a tough last year and fell behind on notary invoices. We went from net 30 days to 60 days for payments. I have paid every single notary that has done a closings for me and always will it just took a lot longer than standard in the past. My closings have gone up from 100 a month to almost 300 and business is only getting better. So because My scheduler Shannan calls so many people now notaries decide to cancel at the last moment and make a statement, then write a post on this site. I cant disagree what has happened in the past but if I really cared I could have 50 notaries write a nice post about my company. Take this email for what it is but I do feel sorry that people had to wait for payment around Christmas time but like I said I have paid everyone. Business is great which most of you may already know so if you cover New Jersey or Pennsylvania email me and I can defiantly use good closers. [e-mail address]
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion Post a Public Reply to this Message

Reply by Sandra Clark on 1/28/09 7:41pm
Msg #275845

Kosti - I have always received payments on time and appreciate it. I've only waited on one payment during that down turn but you have paid me. I will continue to work for you....Good luck.

Reply by Rick Ary on 1/28/09 7:45pm
Msg #275846

Isn't this advertising. So you had your Christmas and let your Notaries suffer.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/28/09 8:09pm
Msg #275849

if you are a title company, why weren't the notaries paid off the HUD as soon as the RTC was up???

Reply by Calnotary on 1/28/09 10:58pm
Msg #275852

Paying on time is normal. So why people should post if they are paid on time. I have worked for you and I have been paid on time. The only thing lately is the offer for an e doc [e-mail address] dollars. At 90 dollars, are you saving the borrower some money or you keeping the other 110.00 dollars.

Reply by Rich/PA on 1/28/09 11:55pm
Msg #275855

No offense intended, but honoring a commitment is proper business. Honoring a commitment based on good or bad times is a weak argument when payment for services is already part of the deal.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/29/09 7:25am
Msg #275860

Dear Mr. Safir –

I have never worked for Genuine Title , but I agree that if a notary accepts a job and then waits until the last minute to cancel in order to “make a statement”, that is wrong. It’s better to decline up front and make your statement at that time, than to play games like that.

However, it’s also been my experience that only the worst companies or companies in financial trouble pay notaries 60 days out. Mr. Safir, you do collect a closing or settlement fee on the HUD, do you not? If the notary is supposed to be paid out of that fee, why isn’t the notary being paid at funding? Why is Genuine Title using the notary’s portion of the settlement fee for other things and making the notary wait up to 60 days for payment? Even 30 days for a title company is pushing it. The best title companies pay the notary upon funding or better yet, put the notary on the HUD. Those are the companies that I will drop everything and work for, bend over backwards for, etc.

It seems to me (my opinion only) what Genuine Title has perhaps been doing is shuffling funds that were intended for the notary and using them to pay for other expenses? Did your own Genuine Title employees have to endure a 60-day wait for their wages? Shuffling payments in this manner is the equivalent of borrowing money off the VISA card to pay what is owed to the MasterCard.

I don’t understand why you told notaries who inquired about Genuine’s slow payment history that notaries were not bright enough to send an invoice, when clearly your post on this board states that the fault of late payments really was yours. Please don’t use lame excuses for late payments – we’ve heard them all.

I’m glad that your business is up and you feel that you have a better handle on timely payments to notaries. Once I read positive payment reports commensurate with the number of negative ones already posted, I would consider working for Genuine Title in the future. You’ve made a good first step by coming here and addressing notaries, but please understand that we’ve heard these types of statements before (TitleStream, anyone?) and the proof will be in the pudding.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/29/09 8:05am
Msg #275864

Well said, Linda. I also have no experience with this company. There are many companies who don't like this forum, because we use it to report their payment history. It is one of the important features for us to use Signing Central to warn each other about deadbeats. I had gotten an email from one company the other day, relating to the remarks I had made.
We all know that non-payment & slow payment is a huge issue in this industry, and we share that information accordingly.

Reply by jojo_MN on 1/29/09 8:46am
Msg #275866

I have never done business with you so don't mean this to be directed at just you, but all title companies. I think it is very unfair that you don't pay the notaries immediately upon funding. You pay the appraisor, county, and all other payoffs, why not the notary?

I have been ripped off by quite a few title companies that were in the past good clients of mine, then all of the sudden was waiting 45-60 days to pay. They went out of business after getting paid by the lenders for my services. The most recent was Archer Land Title. They owe me $750 of which I will never be paid. Others gave me business right up until the day they filed bankruptcy, without paying me for the last months work each time. And yes, the loans did close, so they got their money.

It is hard to pay our own bills if we don't receive this money. We're not being greedy--just expect to be paid for the work we perform.

I work for some great title companies and signing services that pay immediately. I treasure every one of them. Thank you for letting me vent.

Reply by LynnNC on 1/29/09 10:56am
Msg #275877

Bottom line is that title companies are paid off the HUD and notaries should be paid from those funds.

Reply by loancloser46 on 1/29/09 1:19pm
Msg #275886

Re: Genuine title and $90 edocs for LTP states

I was told by a female scheduler a couple weeks ago that they can only pay $90 for edocs in a licensed title producer state. I turned her down for a refi 35 miles away. I will not be boarding this "sinking ship".......first slow payment......now slashed fees......something smells very bad here regardless of how much work they supposedly have in house.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/29/09 1:27pm
Msg #275888

Hi Konstantin!
I have a question: Just how does one own the “Closing Department” of a Title Company? Do you mean you still work for Genuine Title LLC as an “Account Manager”? Or that you now own the entire company? Or that you now own a Signing Service and are contracted to Genuine Title LLC to schedule their closings? Does the receptionist own the "Greeting Dept."?
I’m just curious how someone can own an individual piece of a company? I understand stock, or a partnership. But a Department? This I don’t get.
Could be a good thing in these economic times? GM could sell parts of their company. Someone could own sales, another engineering, or R&D, someone else manufacturing, or accounting, etc..
Do you pay with Genuine Title LLC. checks? Or your own? Do you keep separate books? File separate tax returns? As I said I'm just curious.

Reply by goodgirl on 1/31/09 10:38am
Msg #276045

Good post, Les. Tee hee...

Reply by Safir - Konstantin on 5/3/09 6:01pm
Msg #287162

Les,

This message is a reply to your post. I do own the Genuine title settlement service. I have a scheduler and an account department that strictly work under me and get paid what I hired them for. I run the business under an umbrella to Genuine title since all the checks cut to you guys come from Genuine title I have my own books and have to pay my own taxes. We do over 400 closings a month and in the past we used settlement companies but in the end it gave us a bad rep since everyone knows settlement companies do not pay their notaries. I am a notary myself and have been burned many of times. I'm not sure in your message if you are trying to be a smart ass or just really curious. In the past from the months of October to December we were paying notaries 60 days out but never had I had a claim against me and everyone has been paid. I know other settlement companies just burned everyone as they went under. I would love to put the bad reputation to rest for good but I know that notaries have to be ware of who they work for because its not fair that they are the only ones that don't get paid in the end, since in reality they are the most important piece of the puzzle for the deal to go through. The only thing that bothers me is when a notary cancels within an hour before closing to make a statement to my company because they have already read the posts and knew that they would not do the closing. So since I have over 500 notaries in my book that love working for me I am going to start telling them to post on this site and explain how easy it is working for me. my policy has been payment on every 30th of the month and since January I have been consistent with that payment process. Like I said take this message for what you want but after you see so many notaries writing good posts about me it should be safe for you to take my closings. The only reason I am writing this post is because I know people who are reading it are qualified notaries who I defiantly want working for me and that's the only way I will grow as a company. I am an account rep for Genuine title also so for me to show my accounts that my notaries are top notch will only make the title company grow as well. I hope this message reaches the good ones and you can always contact me directly.

Konstantin Safir
Owner/CEO
Genuine title Settlement Services
[e-mail address]
443-738-3448 Office Direct
410-428-2676 Cell

Reply by Let/IL on 3/4/09 11:37am
Msg #279447

I just declined a closing via email from Geniune Title by letting them know that I could not accept their closing due to their reputation here on Notary Rotary. This Kostatine Dude has the nerve to get an attitude with you when you decline a closing due to their poor reputation.

He sent an email back saying,
"Her loss, please find another notary who wants to make money. She has the right to make that judgment and I completely understand her concern."

Hey Konstatine! If you are reading this!

Notaries are decling your assignments because "Making Money" is exactly what we want to do and not spend our time "Chasing Money" which is exactley what people who are accepting your closings are doing.

And it is not our "loss" it is yours. It is not helphing you to have such a poor reputation in the industry.

Reply by Marre Barnette on 3/30/09 7:40pm
Msg #282741

This is the email I received from Kostantin the idiot account manager at Genuine Title who told people he is the owner. He says that notaries are a dime a dozen along with his non-spelling idiotic self:

"You are halarious. I run a multi million dollla business you are a peasent in the scheme of things. I close 400 deals a month and I will continuje to be succesfull. You can't handle the truth because you are to inconsiserare to realize how much of a pain you really are. I would never suggest a title compnay to give you a deal to close. I would rather suffer than give you any business. Do what you must but in the end I will keep ok rolling with business and you will parish. It's halarious that you think you have the upper hand in this. I hired a notary in minutes because you guys are a dime a dozen. I an sitting here laughing with my partner and owner at these rediculous emails from you.

Konstantin Safir
Account Executive
Genuine Title LLC
11155 Dolfield blvd
Suite 100
Owings mills MD 21117
(443)738-3448 Off direct
(410)428-2676 Cell
(443)738-3449 Fax"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.