Notary Rotary
LSI is okay with me.
Notary Discussion History

LSI is okay with me.
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Leon_CO on 1/23/09 7:27pm
Msg #275461

LSI is okay with me.

I got a call from LSI a few months ago to do a closing. I wasn't signed up with them. They sent me a sign up packet afterwards and told me to fill it out so I could be paid.

They called me several times since then. It took me a while to submit the packet because it seemed like such a daunting task, and I was very busy. If you've signed up with them, you know what I mean. I think signing a FHA loan package is easier. I also had to include my background check.

Needless to say, they hadn't paid me because I hadn't submitted the packet. I finally got around to it last week. I never really worried about the payments because I knew that everything depended on me submitting that packet. I kept all of my 'fee verification' forms as a record.

This evening I got an email. It was actually addressed to whoever is responsible for processing payments. It basically told the person to see to it that I get paid because all the required paperwork is in.

I guess the moral to this story is that, there are some companies that you have to chase. And there are some companies that you can trust.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/23/09 10:07pm
Msg #275475

Leon, You can trust LSI! Did you get their email today?

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/23/09 10:24pm
Msg #275477

They do run a darned good railroad, so so speak. Long

time relationship with LSI. Great communication, pay like the four o'clock mail train.

Same with FASS and OP.

Hear that whistle blow...

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 1/23/09 11:02pm
Msg #275480

LSI is a great company to work with n/m

Reply by Teddog/CO on 1/24/09 8:24am
Msg #275486

Agreed Joan LSI is one of the best to work for:) n/m

Reply by LauriecPA on 1/24/09 12:07pm
Msg #275495

Re: I've been getting low-balled by them lately.

Is anyone else experiencing this? They said if I didn't lower my rates, they have plenty of notaries that will work for less. And to keep in mind , they will not be able to give me the "volume" of biz that they have so much of...yada, yada, yada...

I told the scheduler, good luck, that I get a call from them every 6 mo. and I'd take my chances.

(The fee was $90 email.)

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/24/09 12:39pm
Msg #275497

Re: I've been getting low-balled by them lately.

I've heard that, too, lately. If this is their practise, how can all these people think they are wonderful? Maybe it's a regional thing. Interesting to know. They used to be a 'good' client, but I haven't heard anything from them for a few months now. Glad you brought this up.

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/24/09 3:00pm
Msg #275504

I'going to be a "nasty Mc Nuff" here.
No! it isn't "there are some companies that you can trust".
If a requirement to be paid is the services' paper work must be completed. This is both uneticial and legally worng.
I have noticed a contract is required to sign which has a "non complete" clause-what ever that "really" means. Another clause to allow the ss to take me to court in thier state for dicussing any info they consider as private to thier business.
Also, they "must" have a W-9 before you are paid. IRS rules are very clear that A W-9 is need when a min of $600 has been paid to one taxpayer in a tax calander year. (Consider my notary income is only one department of my "brick and mortar" business which is a "cash" business-Do you get a W-9 from the grocery store before you pay them????)
Several years ago Reveeves-Hary called late on a Fri PM to do a Sat closing. I log in Sunday to submit my invoice. Thier website would not let me in because I did not have "my paper work completed". Called Mon to work out a payment understanding and you know what I was told. I have NOT been paid to this day. Oh Well! I'm not unhappy about it. I've just put out "negative" info about them every chance I get..

Reply by nolanotary on 1/24/09 6:12pm
Msg #275509

Most companies now require that you complete a W-9 before dispersing any payments to you BECAUSE, they are required to report amounts paid over $600 to the IRS. If they didn't collect the W-9 from you before paying you, what recourse do they have if they wait until after to get your Tax ID. It's obvious you don't want those amounts reported, so you would most likely not provide the info to them when requested. If you don't want to play by their rules, don't play with them.

BTW... the $600 excess is for services, not tangibles like groceries, as you mentioned, which is why grocery stores don't require you to complete a W-9. Also, while you might receive "cash" for most of your transactions, keep in mind that you are also supposed to report those amounts as income. Be careful, you might be audited one day and, from my experiences, it is not pleasant.

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/24/09 8:18pm
Msg #275514

nolanotary,
Now you understand one of the basic reason I don't post that much.
I'll jsu sit back and read, make my money.
Please ALL understand, any advise or opinions I give need to be suspect. I'm just a dummy from west Tx who doesn't know "the south end of a north bound donkey" from tomorrow.
But I seem to make good money and run like a dog.
To most on this form, sorry about the lost of my "cool".

Reply by ChristineHI on 1/25/09 11:42pm
Msg #275568

I love LSI. Kyle in California is wonderful! I love working with him
They send me more business than any other company right now, which mean a lot to me. I love the fee verification email as well. All companies should do that. This way you make sure the amount is right and you have a record. I am always paid quickly as well.
They are how all companies should strive to be.
AWESOME!
They are the best!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.