Notary Rotary
Mobile Office
Notary Discussion History

Mobile Office
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by AngelTX on 1/8/09 10:32pm
Msg #273927

Mobile Office

I just bought an inverter and had it installed at bestbuy, now I am waiting for the flood of work *hoping*.

How has this helped anyone out there. I know gas, by not having to go back to the office/house to pickup docs, but any other things?

Just wondering . . .

Reply by John_NorCal on 1/8/09 10:50pm
Msg #273930

**I am waiting for the flood of work *hoping*.** ???

You may be waiting a long time, I'm not trying to be mean, but before you make any business decision, you need to have a plan. You need to research, see if there is a market for your service, approach that market and grasp it. You can't just sit back and "wait for the flood" of work. You might find yourself in a drought instead.

Reply by AngelTX on 1/8/09 11:01pm
Msg #273931

I have a few steady customers, but I sometimes find myself killing myself running all around town and then trying to get home to print through all the traffic, so in case docs arent ready i can download them and print from the car. I have been pretty lucky down here in Houston, it was really slow the last few months but now there are signs that it is picking up. And I hope I can make up the expense within a few weeks, which i am pretty sure I can.

Reply by John_NorCal on 1/8/09 11:07pm
Msg #273933

Then it should work out for you. Making the best use of your time especially with the distances you have in Texas makes sense. There have been posts on mobile computing here. Try doing a seach, you may pick up some useful information. Good luck! :-)

Reply by AngelTX on 1/8/09 11:15pm
Msg #273935

thank you!

Reply by FeliseSoCal on 1/9/09 2:25pm
Msg #274000

If you have that much business with edocs it should pay for itself. How much was the overall investment to set that up? I still have clients overnighting or having me pick up and deliver docs, but it is frustrating when I have to turn down business because I can't get home to print. Good luck!

Reply by AngelTX on 1/9/09 3:56pm
Msg #274008

Well I got a digital inverter from bestbuy, the inverter, wiring and install was about $206, I already had a laptop, cricket broadband $35.00 per month, and the printer was like $100 with shipping from ebay, brother laser printer with wireless ability, and the modem for the laptop was like $100 but with a $50 rebate

Reply by AngelTX on 1/9/09 4:06pm
Msg #274013

Also, just to note, I didnt get everything at one time, i had been accumulating the printer and things as i had additional funds to spare

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/9/09 4:24pm
Msg #274017

Angel, I hate to ask this now, but

" the inverter, wiring and install was about $206"

What size is that inverter? I sure hope you got one powerful enough to do what you need it to do - I don't know a lot about them but they've been discussed extensively here....start with
Msg #264891 and there are several other threads mentioned within in it - great advice about going totally mobile from many who have been there and done that - successfully...

Good Luck?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/9/09 8:11pm
Msg #274043

Re: Angel, I hate to ask this now, but

And, it is highly recommended to use a pure sine inverter with electronic equipment, to avoid
surges that could damage the equipment. I haven't seen any decent pure sine inverters with enough wattage for my smalles printer for less than $400-before the installation.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.