Notary Rotary
Need a closer for Steamboat Springs? Try Notary Rotary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Leon_CO on 1/7/09 1:35pm
Msg #273744

I got a call today from someone in need of a closer up in Steamboat Springs. They found me by doing a search on Google.

I told the person that I can't do it because of the distance. It takes more than 4 hours to get there. I have a closing this evening, so I wouldn't make it back in time. Otherwise I would be glad to do it.

I recommended that, instead of using Google, she try a site that is specific for notaries. She said that she tried 'eins zwei drei', but couldn't find anyone. I suggested that she try Notary Rotary. She said, 'Oh, I didn't know about that.'

Even if she uses the zip code to locate someone, she may not find anyone close. Steamboat Springs is way up there. So I recommended Les_CO. So Les, just a heads up. You might get a call to go to Steamboat Springs. If you get a nosebleed coming to Colorado Springs, you'll really get one going there! Smile

Good luck.

P.S. I wouldn't mind doing a closing up at Steamboat Springs this time of year. I would take my skis with me. Smile

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/7/09 1:42pm
Msg #273750

I got a call yesterday to do a signing in Lancaster, which mapquest says is 76 miles away from me. I told them it was too far away. I didn't feel the need to post about it on this board because it's not my personal blog.

Maybe someday you'll learn the difference.

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/7/09 1:50pm
Msg #273753

>> because it's not my personal blog. <<
-------------------------------------

What does recommending Notary Rotary to someone have to do with blogging? ???

Reply by Maureen Lazar on 1/7/09 4:57pm
Msg #273769

I think referring a person in need of a Notary to Notary Rotary is a great idea and appreciate that. There is always going to be a time that we have to say Sorry not available, but there's a website that I can recommend. Thumbs up Smile

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/7/09 5:05pm
Msg #273771

Or, in other cases simply refer to a specific notary that you know covers the area.

Maureen, who posted above, for example, covers Lancaster...which would have solved Cali's problem. Smile

I keep a list of names of other area notaries and their general coverage areas. If I can't help, then I will give a number or two in addition to a web site search. Not everyone is comfortable taking down a website address, but they often appreciate a name & cell phone number.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 1/7/09 1:52pm
Msg #273754

I live in NW AR. If and when I get a call for a far away, out in the boonies signing, I charge them lots of money since they are usually 4 to 6 hours of my time away to do those closings.

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/7/09 1:54pm
Msg #273755

>> If and when I get a call for a far away, out in the boonies signing, I charge them lots of money <<
-------------------------------------

Roger, to go to Steamboat Springs, I would also charge them for hotel accomodations. Smile

Good luck.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/7/09 8:30pm
Msg #273793

Thanks for the referral! But you guessed right, Steamboat, although a great place to visit, is just a little out of my service area.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/7/09 8:49pm
Msg #273795

Re:PS Leon

PS: Honestly Leon, some old friend schedulers that use to work for Mercury, and now work for First Preference have occasionally called me for a signing in the Springs, I’ve told them to call you. I really can’t afford do them with 3 hours plus time, and the cost of paper, supplies, and gas. I’ve got a Subaru Tribeca, it goes in the snow, but doesn’t get great gas mileage.

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/8/09 5:14am
Msg #273813

Re: Re:PS Leon

Thank you. I got a call a couple of weeks ago to do a closing in Highlands Ranch. I couldn't do it. If I get any more calls to go up in that area I'll be sure to refer you.

Reply by Les_CO on 1/8/09 9:51am
Msg #273837

Re: Re:PS Leon/ Thanks! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.