Notary Rotary
Signing Services?
Notary Discussion History

Signing Services?
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Courtney Ostaszewski on 1/19/09 12:29pm
Msg #275046

Signing Services?

I have worked with many different signing services throughout the last two years and I cease to understand their purpose. Why would a title company not just find a freelance notary on their own? It seems like adding the signing service into the mix just creates confusion and communication issues and general disorganization. I have worked with very nice people that pay on time but it seems completely senseless to work through them.

Reply by Pete/MD on 1/19/09 12:37pm
Msg #275050

Some TCs are running with a skeleton crew and don't have the time to hunt down notaries or just plain don't have a scheduler who feels like dealing with it.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/19/09 12:38pm
Msg #275051

Try the orange search button. The general consensus is that not all tc's have the time or staff to do the work of finding a notary to close--they are already far to busy getting the files together & out on time. I have worked for a lot of good ss, who do their share of the work in the mix.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/19/09 1:16pm
Msg #275053

It's definitely because of convenience. In fact, it's far less expensive to farm out the scheduling of a signing to a service than to do it in house. This is especially true when the cost of the notary service is passed on through the settlement statement. By giving it to a service, the TC is out little expense.

Of course, for the notary it seems ridiculous because we all know that a direct assignment would pay much more. It's just more difficult to get those kinds of jobs. It's also a matter of convenience for the notary in some respects, too. By being with a service, the likelihood of your being contacted for work increases.

It's a trade-off, and a business decision each of us has to make. Sometimes, quantity pays more than quality in the long run.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.