Notary Rotary
Some HP/Compaq Notebooks have a special extended warranty
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Dawn/PA on 1/11/09 8:10pm
Msg #274200

My laptop died again-second time in less than two years. While trying to trouble shoot it on the desktop, I discovered that certain models have a special extended warranty and should be fixed for free. Of course while waiting for the Fed Box to arrive, I need to go somewhere to have the data backed up or retrieved as I can't remember when I last backed up for sure. Here's the link and what is included in this special warranty.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&rule=12995&product=3340198

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/12/09 11:35am
Msg #274237

Dawn, I can't believe you posted this today. I too am

having to send my sons HP pavillion in for the 2nd time in 6 months. It is not quite 2 years old yet. From what I am reading, and will search more, it will be again covered.

This is the last HP computer I will buy. I've had a toshiba for almost 5 years now and have never had a problem like HP. I love my HP printers though. Wouldn't change.

Good Luck to you.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/12/09 11:36am
Msg #274238

I forgot to say Thank you for posting this. n/m

Reply by Dawn/PA on 1/12/09 12:40pm
Msg #274247

Linda......

I dont think I will be buying another HP computer either! I also havent had mine two years. And like you, I love my HP printers. My desktop is a Dell - almost 5 years old and have had it in to be fixed once - and that was because of a virus. I have a tech person coming today or tomorrow to transfer files and my pictures. A major PITA.......

Good luck to you as well with your sons computer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.