Notary Rotary
Total B.S.....
Notary Discussion History

Total B.S.....
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by NC_Notary on 1/9/09 2:37pm
Msg #274001

Total B.S.....

I had an assignment earlier this week that was put on hold due to a home inspection delay. The signing service promised the appointment would be reassigned to me as soon as they had a new day and time. I kept in touch with the borrower all week long and yesterday the borrower informed me the inspection was finally done. I called the signing service earlier today and now I am being told it was assigned to someone else and to someone who is much further away. This closing was taking place within 3 miles! I am so furious especially under the circumstances. They said the other notary had a fit because she already printed out docs. Somehow I always seem to be the one getting burnt. When assignments are taken away from me because of similar circumstances and I have a fit; I always end up looking like the bad one. Unbelievable.....

Reply by CF on 1/9/09 3:59pm
Msg #274010

You need to realize that sometimes the "juice ain't worth the squezze". Usually situations like this happen for a reason!!!

Reply by sue_pa on 1/9/09 4:18pm
Msg #274016

...I kept in touch with the borrower all week long ...

Why? that is not part of your job.

Reply by Becca_FL on 1/9/09 6:20pm
Msg #274032

Next time, instead of keeping in contact with the borrower, try keeping in touch with the hiring entity.

Reply by NC_Notary on 1/9/09 7:14pm
Msg #274034

That is the amazing thing. I emailed the signing service and the scheduler said it will be reassigned to me and although I followed up, a different scheduler failed to read the notes on the file. That is what I am angry about. In the past I had assignments taken away by other companies for the same reason but this company instead let the other agent keep it.

Reply by sue_pa on 1/10/09 8:53am
Msg #274100

Becca and I were making a point you didn't grasp. It is a generally accepted practice in our business that we get first shot on the reschedule for a cancelled order. Does it happen every time? No ... but it's part of the job. All you should have been out was the first appointment slot. Why were you expending your efforts during the week keeping in touch with the borrowers? No one pays you to do that and in many instances, you would end up in a heap of trouble w/your client. Remember, the borrowers are not your client and (not sure how to phrase this so the soldiers don't get up in arms) not your concern. When they are ready to close, the one writing your check will call you. The one writing your check is your client, not the borrower. In your case that didn't happen and that's too bad but it's part of the job.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.