Notary Rotary
Trying to get more work
Notary Discussion History

Trying to get more work
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Colleen Drozd on 1/19/09 8:28pm
Msg #275086

Trying to get more work

I am trying to sign up with more companies and I hope 2009 is a good year. Is there any good companies out there that are good and pay very well. I am available at anytime and I have done alot of closings in the last 5 years. Any suggestions?

Reply by jonpa on 1/19/09 10:59pm
Msg #275095

I have done signings for MeyMax. They pay within 1 week. They are also great to work with.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/20/09 12:36am
Msg #275102

I've heard really good things about MeyMax, too. From what I understand, though, they only operate in 9 or 10 states.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/20/09 2:02am
Msg #275108

I did 2 closings for them on 12/26 and I have yet to be paid for either. So they definitely don't always pay THAT quickly.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/20/09 12:43am
Msg #275104

In this market, I'd be very surprised if people would want to post the names of their best clients on this board for everyone to see, including all those in their own backyard. We've seen that happen in the past. The company get bombarded with phone calls. They all react to that differently, naturally. Some reactions we've seen in the past included getting ticked off at the person who posted their name because of all the calls they are getting or suddenly reducing the amount of their fees because of feeling like they can. (I'm certainly not saying that all will do that, but some of us have seen it happen.) Just a heads up...

Your best bet is to do lots of research here and elsewhere and check out as many companies as you can. It also might be worthwhile to privately network with other notaries who are not direct competitors of yours off the boards. These days, nearly everyone is trying to get more work....

Reply by cali_chick on 1/20/09 1:13am
Msg #275106

I feel you on this...

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/20/09 3:49am
Msg #275110

Some of the best companies that I have worked with weren't your 'household name' type companies. For example, when I first started I was working with a small signing service. She paid well ($XXX+). And she paid fast -- usually in less than 2 weeks. No hand-holding, no fax backs, ... etc. Sometimes it seems like the bigger the company, the more hassles there are to put up with.

Good luck.

Reply by LynnNC on 1/20/09 7:21am
Msg #275114

Why not use Signing Central on this website?

If you have closed more than a few hundred loans, start with the title companies listed. Also, if you read the posts on this forum regularly, you will see names of good companies to work for.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.