Notary Rotary
certification
Notary Discussion History

certification
Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 1/5/09 11:25am
Msg #273581

certification

Is there any tangible benefit in becoming a CERTIFIED SIGNING AGENT?

Reply by Leon_CO on 1/5/09 11:29am
Msg #273582

>> Is there any tangible benefit <<
-----------------------------------------------

Yes. You get a certificate. Smile

Seriously, there are some companies that give preference to certified signing agents. Especially if you are also background screened.

Good luck.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/5/09 11:52am
Msg #273590

I use it purely as a marketing tool, although I can't say

for sure that I have gained any business by being "Certified"

Reply by Les_CO on 1/5/09 11:56am
Msg #273592

Certified by whom?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/5/09 1:47pm
Msg #273606

Yes, there is a benefit as far as marketing goes, especially to those who are NOT aware that it doesn't really mean much. It impresses some people and can mean the difference between getting a job or not.

As much as we hate to admit it, there are a lot more people who care about the certification than not.

It's kind of like how people still think that the BBB is important. It's not, really... but a lot of consumers use it to establish a level of credibility over other companies.

I look at it as as advertising expense.

Reply by rengel/CA on 1/5/09 7:03pm
Msg #273615

I have my certification in my profile, but have never been asked for a copy of it.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/5/09 8:01pm
Msg #273625

It has definitely helped my business to be Certified/BGC. No matter what anyone says about the XYZ organization, credentials carry weight in the industry. Some companies will only work with those who are Certified/BGC. I know it has helped me to get work with better companies & command a higher fee.

Reply by bowie_MD on 1/5/09 8:35pm
Msg #273631

I agree with you MW. In fact I just responded to email from FISERV asking if I had been recertified with background screening. They insist on it and I get most of my business from them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.