Notary Rotary
123 LumpSum/ Structured Asset Fuding
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Stephen tz Schultz on 3/5/09 2:48pm
Msg #279660

Stiffs their notaries. Be warned. Keith Byrd was the guy who called me. Also there is a Brian Wagner. If you like working for free, take a job from these jerks. Got a collection agency on them now.

Reply by Lucie_CA on 3/5/09 4:17pm
Msg #279683

Never been stiffed

I've been working with them for over a year (diff. agent) and have never been stiffed.

Reply by Keith Byrd on 3/6/09 3:09pm
Msg #279855

Stephen Schultz is a notary we used for a signing in St. Pete Florida. He told us that our customer was a no show 3 times before he actually did meet with him. Stephen wanted an additional $50 on top of his $75 service fee, for a total of $125. I did get an email from him on January 27, 2009 requesting that we pay him the additional payment. Any notary payment request that is over $100 we have to get a special request for payment since it is above our highest fee allowable for a notary. In order for me to get him paid the $125 requested I had to submit this and wait for approval. We did have some confusion from the past payments that we paid him for 2 other signings of $150, and I did get his invoice figured correctly for payment. We will be releasing his payment next week. We pay a full fee when our signings normally take considerably less time than a closing or most other signing transactions. When a notary has a situation (like a no show) we always try to get them paid for their additional time and cost, but that can take a little longer. I am sorry Stephen feels the way he does, but he has been unreasonable and overly demanding, when I have been trying to accommodate his additional payment request. Brian Wagner is someone in our office that talked to Stephen one time and has nothing to do with this situation.

Reply by Stephen tz Schultz on 3/9/09 12:53pm
Msg #280088

The worst thing a company (or representative of same) can do is continually dodge phone calls, faxes, and e-mailed requests for payment. Not receiving a single return call, e-mail etc., after a full month of polite requests for payment is pretty obviously dodging that payment. I guess that makes me unreasonable and demanding wanting to be paid for my services after receiving an oral agreement that my fee was reasonable for a signer who failed to show for 3 appointments and wasted 2 hours of my time and gas.

Only after I involved an attorney did Mr. Byrd make any response at all to my repeated calls and e-mails.Not very professional in my opinion and not someone I will do business with again.

Stephen Schultz

Reply by Keith Byrd on 3/9/09 2:15pm
Msg #280094

Mr. Schultz getting his attorney (a friend) to call us has nothing to do with us getting his payment processed. As I said in my previous response, his payment request was a special request because the billed amount was above the fee that was agreed upon and above the highest fee we pay for a notary of $100.00. Again, I am sorry Mr. Schultz feels the way he does. We do hundreds of transactions a year and we have not had a notary (that is required on all of our signings, and multiple signings for each customer) that has thought our only task for the day was to get his special increased payment request processed. As far as doing business with Stephen Schultz, he need not worry that we will ever contact him again.

Reply by Stephen tz Schultz on 3/20/09 12:09pm
Msg #281481

Mr Byrd dodged my calls for 6 weeks, and co-incidentally decides to call me the day I sic an attorney on him. Gee what a coincidence. Sorry I am so unreasonable in wanting to get paid. I don't work for free and am glad you scumbags won't call me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.