Notary Rotary
21st Century
Notary Discussion History

21st Century
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by anita55109 on 3/5/09 7:53am
Msg #279569

21st Century

This company seems to be doing a lot of modifications. I have gotten a few in the last 30 days but one is yet to actually sign. The borrowers seem to be very leary of the offers they are making. Any thought on this?

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/5/09 8:09am
Msg #279574

Re: 21st Century--anyone done an actual Mod for them?

Are you talking actual Loan MODS or just the application for same?

Reply by anita55109 on 3/5/09 8:18am
Msg #279575

These are loan modifications that are offering the homeowner to spread out whatever amount they are behind in a 3 month process and then a 30 year fixed rate at 5% is what I'm seeing. It seems to be a good offer but I've yet to meet with a homeowner in trouble. They are leary of the offer. I think maybe because it says right in the paperwork that the lender can cancel at any time. So would that mean the lender is not aware of the offer being made and already in agreement with it?

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 3/5/09 9:15am
Msg #279588

I have done loan mod apps for them. Everything that they will do is spelled out in the contract. Like everything else, people need to read and ask questions. Unforunately, they lose a lot of business because it has been my experience that their LOs never follow up when the borrowers have a question.

Reply by Leon_CO on 3/5/09 8:18am
Msg #279576

I got a call last night to do a loan modification application. It was from a company that I never heard of (not listed in Signing Central and no search results), but sounded like it might be the same as this one.

The caller told me, 'All you have to do is print out 20 pages, ... collect checks from them, ... then get paid 3 weeks from now ...' I told them no.

Reply by anita55109 on 3/5/09 8:21am
Msg #279577

Yes, thats what this company does. They want me to collect the checks so therefore, I'm not going anywhere until I know the homeowner is prepared for me to show up. I am not questioning payment here. I wondering if this is a under the table scam appealing to a group of people that are desperate.

Reply by Lilia Dominguez on 3/9/09 5:48pm
Msg #280111

Well I have done a couple of signings for this company, and in complete honesty, they have been nothing but positive. Yes the clients have questions, but who wouldn't? All you simply have to do is call the office number and ask for the person you spoke with regarding this assignment. We are all grown ups here so you would think that we would know to call the originator of the assignment given to us. This is not an under the table scam appeling to those who are desperate, I have actually received a W-9 tax form for the assignments that I have done for this company. Now, I don't think that if this was an under the table scam the company would be giving me a W-9 form. Now all we are asked to do is meet with their client and have them minimally fill this application and collect the documents and the checks. Now I have been told that if the client does not have the checks, they could always just mail them in themselves, which sometimes it does happen. I just feel like this company has been getting the beat down from everyone without them even trying an assignment. Believe me when I say that when an assignment comes my way from this company, my answer will be "Yes!"

Reply by Lucy Levreau on 3/10/09 9:20pm
Msg #280233

I have worked with this company for awhile now and can assure you that this is not a scam and they do not prey on the disadvantaged. I just did a signing for them today and I cant begin to tell you how much of a hardship these people were in and were so happy that 21st
Century was able to give them some peace of mind and hope.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/5/09 10:03am
Msg #279601

I had a similar call. Wanted to know if I could do a “signing?” I asked when and where, she told me, I said yes. She then said this was a “loan modification,” just a few pages etc. I asked what the name of the company was again she said “21st Century Legal” I said sorry I can’t do it. She said you just said yes!? I said I could do a signing at that time and place, but I can’t work for you, because I believe what you are asking me to do is illegal in CO. You want me to represent that I am an employee of 21st, take an ‘application,’ and collect money from these people, none of which I am comfortable doing. She got very huffy. I said if I were you I’d get another job…because asking people to do an illegal act is also illegal….and you could find yourself in a position you don’t want to be in. She hung up.
This is just a scam folks….If Bernard Madoff calls you and wants you to sell some of his securities to your neighbors, don’t do that either. JMO

Reply by jba/fl on 3/18/09 11:10pm
Msg #281299

Why not? Isn't this your year for taking more risks?

Reply by MW/VA on 3/5/09 8:39am
Msg #279579

This company is listed in Signing Central. Also, there have been many previous discussions--use the orange search button. I have chosen not to work for them because I believe their business practices are very questionable.

Reply by Leon_CO on 3/5/09 8:46am
Msg #279583

The company that called me last night said they were 'PC Signing ...'.

Reply by MC_oh on 3/5/09 9:15am
Msg #279589

I got a call from 21st Century a couple of days ago. The caller sounded like she was calling from a bar, and wasn't too sure who she had called. She explained the deal to me... about 20 pages, pick up checks, etc... Something didn't feel right so I told her my fee. I gave her the fee for doing a complete loan signing (XXX.XX). She didn't flinch and said fine. So I asked for a confirmation. She told me I would get a confirmation after I have contacted the borrower and confirmed with them. I told her that was backwards, and that the whole thing didn't sound right, and turned it down.
Later, I did a search for them here. Glad I followed my instincts.

Reply by Yamileth Cruz on 3/9/09 9:37pm
Msg #280129

I have done signings for 21st century. Their fee is based on how far it is from the notary. I think is good that they ask us to confirm with borrower first and once we have confirm with client they would send us docs and confirmation that way we are not receiving anything we have not confirmed and they are not waisting their time sending it before the borrower knows whos coming.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/5/09 10:45am
Msg #279613

MW/VA I have chosen not to work for them either for the very same reasons. Questionable at best.

Reply by Shannon Stansbury on 3/19/09 12:15pm
Msg #281364

I Have been working for this company for awhile now and they are very professional, whenever I have any questions they are very good at getting the information back to me at a timely manner. They pay me with reasonable time too. They are growing and are giving me a lot of buisness. Their buisness practice are not questionable at all. I have a had a good working experience with the company, and hope to continue working with them.

Reply by John/CT on 3/5/09 9:13am
Msg #279587

21st Century = Loss Mitigation ...

many have questioned this ??? practice.

Reply by ILsigning on 3/5/09 9:45am
Msg #279591

This company is legit. I have done them and gotten paid pretty quick.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/5/09 10:29am
Msg #279608

Have you done actual Loan Mods or just the application? n/m

Reply by LauriecPA on 3/5/09 10:32am
Msg #279609

I had the same exp. as mc-oh. They wanted me to call the BO and never sent a confirmation.
The girl said I had to fax them all of my info first. I came here instead, read all of the comments and didn't fax them anything. I never heard back from them.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 3/5/09 9:37pm
Msg #279767

I have done several of these..The application and then the mod. They pay my fee and quickly. Yes they call you with details then after you confirm you do get a confirmation with your fee listed on there.

I have even gotten my full fee for a client that did not fill out the application! He later changed his mind and I was sent back and received my full fee again..Sweet!

Reply by Lucy Levreau on 3/9/09 5:21pm
Msg #280109

I have done several signings with them and all has gone well. I see no problem in accepting any
assignments now or in the furture. From what I have seen they are here to help not take advantage of anybody.

Reply by Shannon Stansbury on 3/9/09 9:29pm
Msg #280128

The way I see it we are PAID to do a service for this company. The girls in the office are great in giving me business and in times like these who doesn't want to work!!!!!

Reply by Murphy Brown on 3/11/09 6:30pm
Msg #280359

FIRST OF ALL, THIS COMPANY HAS MANY, MANY CLIENTS ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES. THEIR GOAL IS TO HELP THESE PEOPLE STOP THE FORECLOSURE OF THE HOMES. THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT ARE IN NEED OF COMPANIES LIKE 21ST CENTURY LEGAL SERVICES , THAT ARE EVEN WILLING TO HELP. OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE ARE RIP-OFFS THAT ARE OUT TO MAKE A PENNY!! 21ST CENTURY LEGAL SERVICES HAS BEEN VERY GOOD TO ALL OF MY CLIENTS AND HAS BEEN A POSITIVE IMPACT ON ALL AND EVER SINGLE ON OF THEM!!! I HAVE SERVICED CLIENTS ALL OVER CA. AND NOT ONE OF THEM WAS UNSATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK!!! THANKS FOR READING!!! MURPHY B.

Reply by Murphy Brown on 3/11/09 6:36pm
Msg #280362

21ST CENTURY DOES DO MANY LOAN MODIFICATIONS AND ARE GREAT AT IT!! THEY HAVE ALOT OF BUSINESS FROM CALIFORNIA TO NEW YORK. (YOU TELL ME IF THAT ISN'T BUSINESS). I THINK IF A COMPANY HAS THAT MUCH EFFORT TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE THEIR HOMES, THEN THEY ARE GOOD! PEOPLE/COMPANIES SHOULD NOT DEGRADE (TALK BAD OF OTHERS) IF THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT INFO IS FALSE OR WHAT INFO IS TRUE!!!
THANKS FOR READING.
MURPHY B.

Reply by Murphy Brown on 3/11/09 6:39pm
Msg #280363

Re: 21st Century n/m

Reply by Shannon Stansbury on 3/16/09 5:43pm
Msg #280907

I have done quite a few signings for 21st Century, and most of them end up signing. I had a great experience, and I look forward to doing more work for them in the future. I was paid on time, and the pay was well worth the trip.

Reply by Murphy Brown on 3/18/09 8:21pm
Msg #281278

FOR YOUR INFORMATION THIS COMPANY HAS DONE VERY WELL AND HAS DONE AN A+ IN MY OPINION. YES, THERE ARE CLIENTS THAT ALWAYS CHANGE THEIR MINDS. CLIENTS/PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR MIND ALL THE TIME. (ABOUT 50% OF THE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD DO) (9 out of 10) DOCUMENTS ARE SIGNED WITH OUR COMPANY. SO IF YOU NEED YOUR LOAN MODIFIED AT A 4% RATE PLEASE CALL (909)483-1748 EXT 6383. THANKS FOR READING , MURPHY B.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.