Notary Rotary
ATS Nationwide in Georgia
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by ILsigning on 3/13/09 9:20am
Msg #280568

Checked orange button and SC and don't see anything on this company out of Alpharetta, GA. Anyone know anything?

Reply by Les_CO on 3/13/09 10:07am
Msg #280580

As you know Georgia is an “attorney only” State. Very few here would know or care about companies operating out of Georgia. Perhaps you should go to some “attorney” site, or the Georgia bar association? If you do just posting some initials probably will get you few results. Next time try and post the name(full) and exact location, and type of business. Unless it's Angle's Taco Sauce, in which case I could not recommend it.

Reply by PAW on 3/13/09 10:12am
Msg #280582

>>> As you know Georgia is an “attorney only” State. Very few here would know or care about companies operating out of Georgia. <<<

Huh? What different does it make if the company is based in GA? The "attorney only" restriction lies in where the property is located, not where the lender/title company is located. There are many lenders and title companies in Atlanta that do mortgages for other states, such as FL. No attorney needed to close mortgages here.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/13/09 10:28am
Msg #280586

As usual Paul is correct. I guess there would be no reason someone could not start a “Signing Company” in Georgia (actually I can think of three of the top of my head, however they mostly do business in Georgia, and use attorneys) or title company., lending co, settlement co. etc. that do business within the state and use lawyers, and out of state using whomever. I guess my point was with many company’s having similar names, a bit more information would be helpful when asking questions.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/13/09 2:20pm
Msg #280619

When Georgia became an attorney only state there was a rash of signing companies opening up in Georgia - by signing agents who could no longer do signings, and thought they could make money by opening a signing serviceSmile

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 3/14/09 8:59am
Msg #280691

If you are referring to

Any Time Services, I've done business with them in the past and found that they paid fairly and most important -- PAID.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.