Notary Rotary
Adobe
Notary Discussion History

Adobe
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by LindaD/NJ on 3/29/09 7:01pm
Msg #282602

Adobe

I have taken the time to get rid of adobe 9 and I reinstalled adobe 7, which I am used to works great for me. I like this application the best, no problems in printing, just as fast I as the upgrade. At one point adobe 9 would not give me the side margin with the pages! Not good when you have to print 2 notes and 3 Morts. My question is am I right or am I missing something with not having the adobe 9? Thank you in advance for your inputs!

Reply by PAW on 3/29/09 7:34pm
Msg #282603

You are missing a lot. If you really must roll back from version 9.1 (don't use 9.0), then use version 8.1.3.

To successfully install any version of the Reader, it is highly recommended to manually remove the older versions using the Windows Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" then manually remove (delete) the directories where Adobe Reader software resided. (Typically C:\Program_Files\Adobe\Reader v.0 where v.0 is the version number)

You can download the latest as well as the last two versions (which are supported by Adobe) from their website: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ Note that version 7 is not supported on Microsoft Vista.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/29/09 7:51pm
Msg #282604

Thank you for your reply Paul.

Reply by MW/VA on 4/1/09 10:16am
Msg #282987

Thanks, Paul. I was having major issues with 9.1 and rolled back to 8.1. Thanks again.

Reply by MichiganAl on 3/29/09 8:13pm
Msg #282610

My guess is you just have to turn it on through your preferences. I upgraded last week, no problems at all.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/29/09 8:21pm
Msg #282612

Honestly the worst part for me was that it was different. Just didn't want to deal with a new program at EOM. But I did have problems with loosing the side viewer, and it was a pain to find pages. Also, I could'nt tell how many pages until I hit the print button and then got the amount of pages and on some it just had a dash no page numbers? Yes, I do need stronger glasses but I find it so much easier to click on the bottom and scroll through the pages, full size. Also, Paul I did exactly what you said about the uninstall/install on that same link.

Reply by PAW on 3/29/09 9:06pm
Msg #282615

In v9, the page counter is in the top toolbar, along with first, next, previous and last arrows.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "side viewer", unless you mean the thumbnail pages display. That is on the left side at the top.

If none of those items appear on your screen, you may have to enable them using Tools->Customize Toolbars...

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/29/09 9:26pm
Msg #282616

Paul, In a previous thread, I said my husband installed it for me. He may have customised it. I am not sure, haven't had a chance to speak to him about it. But after this discussion. I think that I might try it again. EOM was really busy for me (THankfully) and not a good time to be getting used to a new program. Not that this is trig or anything but I was just sooo unconfortable with it because I just needed to go in get 'em and get back out. After reading your posts, I am sure my husband may have enable and disabled things that I would have done different.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/30/09 12:03am
Msg #282626

I think what is throwing everyone off is

the latest version comes with a different set of default values and it is not what we have been use to. Some person in marketing thought people would like it better or some such thing.

The look and feel is something you can fix by using the "view" tab and choosing "edit" then "preferences".

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/30/09 12:06am
Msg #282627

To see the 'side margins' or 'pages'...the thumbnails...

I think this is what you're talking about. Click View, Navigation, Pages.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/30/09 6:59am
Msg #282630

Re: To see the 'side margins' or 'pages'...the thumbnails...

Good Morning. I am starting to rethink this whole adobe 9.1. Maybe for some reason, Hubby did something while downloading, because all these good things 9.1 has, I did'nt have. I originally had the thumbnail and then poof gone. Looked everywhere for them. I am going to download again when I get a chance. Thank you all, again, for your expertise!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.