Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Adobe 9 glitch and possible tip for others....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by NC_Notary on 3/27/09 2:52pm
Msg #282401

A while back I asked if anyone else periodically ran into problems printing legal size pages that were scanned. Sometimes if the page scan is slightly larger than 8.5 by 14 (8.52x14.31 ex.) it would cut off the document way too much when you go to print the page. So far I noticed this happens every so often with HUD/Affs that are emailed by one of the title companies. They did verify that it has been happening with other agents who have adobe 9 also. They can only correct this by faxing it which can be very time consuming between contacting them and waiting.

I guess I should have thought about this sooner but I saw you can copy the image and paste it to another source such as Word. It does shrink it down to letter size but at least it is printable. As long as the title company is OK with it (which they were). I wish I thought of this yesterday, I killed an hour of my time waiting for new email & fax.
Hopefully others will find this helpful also.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/27/09 3:25pm
Msg #282404

Now you have me wondering if the sporadic problems I've had recently (click on pdf link, download file, click on "Open" and nothing happens) are something to do with Adobe 9....hmmmm

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 3/29/09 10:06am
Msg #282560

I had to delete #9 and go back to 8.1. far too much trouble using 9.0. Even on a new laptop it caused problems. I was told that when the sender isn't using 9.0 it can cause printing problems. Don't know how accurate this is but I don't have anymore problems printing.
Good Luck

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/27/09 3:41pm
Msg #282406

I want to know how to get adobe 9 out of my system, unload it and get my old adobe back, can we down load the old one? Hubby thought he was doing me a favor! I REALLY don't like adobe 9

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/27/09 5:59pm
Msg #282420

Adobe 9 fixes some security issues when viewing from within

a browser. If you want to change how it works, then click on "edit" and choose "preferences" and you can customize how it works. I would not recommend going backwards.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 3/27/09 5:06pm
Msg #282414

Doesn't "shrink to fit" work? n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/27/09 5:28pm
Msg #282418

The word "shrink" gives me all kinds of bad visions...

but how about "fit to printable area"....

I've personally never had the print run off the page on me....just lucky I guess.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/27/09 5:56pm
Msg #282419

Sorry Linda, it actually says "Shrink to printable area" n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/27/09 6:19pm
Msg #282424

Re: Sorry Linda, it actually says ....Glenn....

Under Page Scaling I'm given the following options:

None
Fit to Printable Area
Shrink to Printable Area
Multiple Pages Per Sheet
Booklet Printing

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/27/09 10:32pm
Msg #282460

Shrink or fit? That is the question ..... I think fit works

better and we should ban "shrink" from the English language. Now because of you, next time I print, I will be forced to fit instead of shrink.

I never looked because the program has always worked right. I can take the rest of the day off because I learned my one new thing for the day.. Smile

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/27/09 10:36pm
Msg #282463

I just cringe when I see the word "shrink" in the same

sentence as "documents"...I see lots of teeny tiny words, squinting people and watery eyes...
I stay far, far away from "shrink"....Smile

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/28/09 12:51am
Msg #282474

Re: The word "shrink" gives me all kinds of bad visions...

You're lucky. Sometimes I print out docs and certain pages have the text cut off at the top or sides. I remedy this by setting the print scaling to "Fit to printable area". It only reduces things 94% and I don't get in trouble for the font being too small.

Reply by NC_Notary on 3/27/09 6:05pm
Msg #282421

No, it will ignore anything I try to do...it just prints out

wrong altogether.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/27/09 10:42pm
Msg #282465

Re: No, it will ignore anything I try to do...it just prints out

5 things to do when computer acts weird. 1. Hard Restart 2. Scan for Viruses 3. Scan for spyware 4. Make sure your programs are up to date 5. Hard restart again.

99% of the time, when I am asked to fix someones computer, that will fix it. Sometimes there are hardware issues or backwards Compatibility issues

I run the latest updates on all programs I use, including Vista, on three computers that some would call dated, without problems just by following the above. It doesn't hurt to restart your printers also. After all, they have a processor of sorts and memory also.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.