Any dealing with Executive Signing Agents out of TX n/m
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Michelle Chelle Rivers on 3/20/09 5:03pm
Msg #281507

Any dealing with Executive Signing Agents out of TX n/m

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/20/09 5:28pm
Msg #281508

Re: Any dealing with Executive Signing Agents out of TX

I did a job on 2/23 and have not been paid yet. I read past post where someone got paid at 60 days. With the improvement of cash flow I took the job. I have enough jobs in pipeline that I can wait 60 days but I will watch them closely.

Reply by Tess/ME on 3/20/09 6:24pm
Msg #281519

Re: Dealing with Executive Signing Agents - Check

message # 263686 from 9/9/08

Reply by Michelle Chelle Rivers on 3/20/09 6:56pm
Msg #281520

The closing was supposed to be at 4:00 and it is now 6:55. I've never experienced this kind of wait before. I'm wondering if the confirmation ESA sent me is a binding contract. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/20/09 6:58pm
Msg #281521

Did you already confirm with the borrowers? n/m

Reply by Michelle Chelle Rivers on 3/20/09 7:02pm
Msg #281523

Re: Did you already confirm with the borrowers?

Yes, I've been in touch with the borrower and she's being told the documents are on the way. The company I'm dealing with is out of Cypress, TX. I reviewed 263686 and am not sure if they are referring to the same company. As I expressed, I've never experienced a long waiting period so I don't know if I am "under contact" and liable for penalties if I don't close this evening.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/20/09 7:49pm
Msg #281531

Re: Did you already confirm with the borrowers?

As docs are way later than you 'contracted for', it's your call as to how long you're willing to wait. However, I do hope that you've already been in contact with them about this situation and should have already given them a deadline on receipt of docs. Take charge of the situation, don't just wait, wonder & worry.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/20/09 10:47pm
Msg #281566

"I'm wondering if the confirmation ESA sent me is a binding contract"

Did you sign anything? Then of course it's not a binding contract. And even if it were, you contracted to do a signing at 4:00, not 9:00. Use a little common sense.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/21/09 8:08am
Msg #281584

The waiting for docs game

Always stress when you set your appointments you must have those docs 2-3 hours before the signing. We have to allow time for printing, travel, weather,...etc. Last but not least you may have other appointments to keep and you need to keep those appointments on time.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/21/09 1:26pm
Msg #281610

Re: The waiting for docs game

I don't even bother to do that. I assume the docs are sent to me as soon as they're ready, and I don't think telling them I need them 2 hours before the signing will get them to me any quicker. They already know they should get them to us in a timely manner, they just don't care.

Besides, I think it's a more effective "protest" to give them the signing back without any prior warning. It reminds the hiring entity that I'm really not willing and/or able to sit around all night and wait for them to do their jobs properly.

Reply by Jessie Calderon on 3/20/09 7:00pm
Msg #281522

Re: Any dealing with Executive Signing Agents out of TX

I have worked with ESA for years now and they do pay as they say. I have NEVER been NOT paid for closings. They pay at the end of the following month of the closing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.