Notary Rotary
Any recent experiences with National Document Signing Servic
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by NJW/FL on 3/5/09 7:14am
Msg #279558

I read the experiences from 2005 to 2007 through the search on this site, but has anyone done any business with them recently? I performed a reverse mtge signing for them on Feb. 4th, just got a call from Andrea the owner asking me if the borrower signed that day. I explained that yes she signed after 45 minutes on the phone with her agent due to a huge variance in the bottom line to her. The agent told the borrower he would call her with everything corrected and she told him if he did not meet her expectations she would cancel. Then Andrea tells me that the borrower must have cancelled because she had a re-draw order but they were not going to pay her. She said all she could pay me was $50. to go back out again and she knew I would not do it. Then I asked if I would be paid for the original appt. and she told me she could not pay me if she does not get paid. I spent 2 1/2 hrs. at the borrowers and everything got signed and I may not get paid. She was so matter of fact, I was stunned. Hours later, I rec'd a call from her employee, Hector, and he asked me if I could go out there within a few hours as they were requesting me and he would pay me for going back out plus the first time pay't. I was already booked for the rest of the day as this was all at 3:30 in the afternoon. Now I am wondering if I will ever get paid anything for the original appt. Anyone have anything to say?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/5/09 7:22am
Msg #279560

Just because they say they "can't" pay you doesn't mean they don't owe you. Unless they specified in their confirmation that they don't pay on no-signs or no-funds, I would proceed with invoicing and collection procedures as usual.

With that said, I do have a very few number of TC clients who pay me off the HUD, and they pay a high enough fee that I will absorb an occasional hit like this. I just took a hit on Tuesday for one particular company when the deal fell apart for reasons totally beyond my control. However, this kind of consideration only comes with frequent repeat business from said company, with substantial fee and name on the HUD which means consistent payment within one week of job completion.

Reply by NJW/FL on 3/5/09 8:47am
Msg #279585

Thank you for your information. I am at a loss because I have been doing this for 4 plus years and have only one job I was not paid for as the signing service ended up going out of business. I have, however, had to hound many services over that time period, but have always gotten paid eventually. I appreciate the help.

Reply by Gary Boehm on 3/5/09 1:39pm
Msg #279646

Maybe our attutude could be...

... as Mobile Notaries/Signing Agents "Put me directly on the HUD like everyone else and if the thing falls through/gets canceled then I'll accept not getting paid, otherwise I'll be paid immediately upon funding. But if I'm NOT on the HUD and I have to wait to see if YOU get paid, then I want to get paid regardless." How about that people?

Reply by docs1954CA on 3/5/09 2:08pm
Msg #279651

Re: Maybe our attutude could be...

How about this on the HUD instead: POCB, or POCL.That way you get paid no matter what happens? I detest this only getting paid if it funds crap, unreasonable in my book.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.