Notary Rotary
Anybody have this happen?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by NewPhoenix on 3/16/09 11:05pm
Msg #280927

This was fun. Got a call for a signing and they were FED-Exing me the docs - GREAT no printing this time! Open it up, everything there but why is the empty package still lumpy? Oh! They included two brand new pens, still sealed in plastic wrappers, VERY nice of them! Advertising pens but still VERY nice pens!

Three pages (count 'em three) of instructions, mostly duplicates but each pages has on it at least twice that all signatures must be in blue ink. No problem I always do that.

Get to the signing, the borrower is impressed with the nice pens too. Tear open the plastic wrapping around one of the pens and draw a line to get it started.

But...

What's this...

You guessed it... BLACK INK!!

ROFL! HOO HOO!

Oops, I hope my SS doesn't read this, really nice people to work with. Not laughing AT you just WITH you, I hope?

Reply by Pat/IL on 3/16/09 11:18pm
Msg #280928

Ha! I don't think I could have gotten through that one without tears of laughter moistening the documents. And the hiccups,OH the hiccups.

You sure know how to tell a story, NewPhoenix!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/16/09 11:20pm
Msg #280930

Haha! That's too funny. Whoops. n/m

Reply by thnotary_NY on 3/17/09 11:32am
Msg #280959

Well, that should teach you, you should have kept the pens (if they were THAT nice) and supplied your own Blue.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/17/09 11:52am
Msg #280969

Had that happen a lot when I was doing signings myself. They were usually Wells Fargo loans.
Borrowers always appreciated the pens though.

Reply by NewPhoenix on 3/17/09 7:20pm
Msg #281036

Of course I always take my own blue pens with me (that's another story) so I had them. But I left the other ones with the borrower and her daughter. It was a reverse mortgage. It sure was good for a laugh though!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.