Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone have a decent Excel (2003) spreadsheet for mileage?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by NCLisa on 3/29/09 1:44pm
Msg #282570

I'm am so bad with Excel it isn't even funny. I'm looking for something that I can put my daily mileage in, it will add it up at the end of each month, then add it up at for the year.

Reply by LynnNC on 3/29/09 1:51pm
Msg #282571

I have an Excel spreadsheet on which I keep track of every closing by month and year, including date, # of closing for the month, name of company, name of borrower, fee, notary fee for SE tax, mileage, paid invoices and amount of outstanding invoices. I will email it to you.

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/29/09 2:08pm
Msg #282573

I made a list of every zipcode that I go to and beside it I put the average mileage using mapquest. I can then just list it on the spreadsheet where I keep of my open/closed closings. At the end of the year I just hit sum and the mileage is done. It['s not a fancy spreadsheet but it does the job.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/29/09 2:00pm
Msg #282572

Don't feel bad about Excel - however bad you think you are

I promise you, I'm worse - I gave up trying to figure it out and bought Quicken - tracks my mileage nicely...

Reply by Todd/OH on 3/29/09 3:42pm
Msg #282576

Re: Don't feel bad about Excel - however bad you think you are

I've become pretty good with Excel and developed roughly the same spreadsheet that Lynn described. I was once asked to teach Office 2007 that includes Excel - even I learned a few things. I still have the CD.

Excel 2003 is good and works in most any situation. Excel 2007 is way better.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/29/09 4:07pm
Msg #282582

I even tried a tutorial - it just won't sink in.. n/m

Reply by NCLisa on 3/29/09 6:00pm
Msg #282598

Re: Don't feel bad about Excel - however bad you think you are

I just don't feel like paying for Office 2007. I was a beta tester for the initial version, and it was so awful that I had to wipe my hd to get rid of it. I should know better than to beta test for MS, but I didn't think it would be that bad.

I keep track of all my closings in Outlook, that way it syncs to my Blackberry so I have my schedule with me all the time. The subject line has the BO, company, file number, lender abbr., location line has the address, notes has phone numbers, and mileage and map as MSN maps is built into my outlook.

I just want to pull the milage info off the map daily and input it in a simple spreadsheet. I will find the time to take an online Excell class one day soon!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.