Notary Rotary
BGC
Notary Discussion History

BGC
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/18/09 11:17am
Msg #281128

BGC

I am familiar with one company. Intelius. However, never used them before. Can anyone suggest a company that is in keeping with our type of job? So many of them have way too much information on the report. No one needs to know about my properties, divorces, etc. Not that I have either but it seems like alot more than what I am looking for.

I did use search button and the one I wanted to use from this site doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Carol

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/18/09 11:18am
Msg #281130

I got mine through the FBI n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 3/18/09 11:59am
Msg #281138

As far as I know, you can go directly to LexisNexis (the co. that NNA uses).

Reply by Doris_CO on 3/18/09 1:42pm
Msg #281174

I had my BGC done through NotRot. The information for the NPBC still shows on the home page of this site. Are you saying that you can't find any information on the National Verification Registry which is the company NotRot uses? As a side note, I've only had two companies ask me if I've had a BGC done and I've referred them to my profile on this site. No one has required anything more then what I have already.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/18/09 1:45pm
Msg #281175

I'll look again on NR. Today is one of the first times i've ever been asked for the actual paper work. Thought that was odd too but I haven't a clue where the original is from when I started. Plus for the fact I have no clue how long they are good for. Guess I should check that stuff out but it's not something that comes up very often. Thank you all. Smile

Reply by MikeC/NY on 3/18/09 2:39pm
Msg #281177

"Plus for the fact I have no clue how long they are good for."

If you think about it, a BGC is technically only good for the moment you get it done. You could be clean as a whistle up to that point, and then suddenly go on a crime spree. Not that it's likely to happen, but still... A BGC is a snapshot of the past, not necessarily a predictor of the future.

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/18/09 3:00pm
Msg #281181

Some companies require you use only thier approved vendor for BGC. I had one done only to have it redone to satisfy Fiserv Lending Solutions. I wouldn't have bothered but I do a lot of work for them and it was worth it to me.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/18/09 3:03pm
Msg #281183

OMG i've been had. Yes, been on a spree right after I had the last one done. LOL that is what I was just discussing with someone else. I would think it would be up to the state you are commissioned in to keep track of that. Makes sense to me but would be our tax dollars also. I know it's up to the Notary to report any infractions. I got a quick report from Intelius. Lame at best. About 2 pages out of 10 are all I needed. Shows property records. Previous address's, all the people in my immediate family. No need for that. But it'll keep the person asking happy. It's a company i'd love to work for too. So well worth it I guess.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 3/18/09 3:56pm
Msg #281194

N/V (from here) is what I used

Mine expires next month, was 'valid' for two years. I will most definitely be updating, primarily because I believe everyone/anyone connected to the industry SHOULD be BGC'd.

I was hugely impressed - LIVE identification, to start with; extremely thorough report, and easily verified via a link and/or code number.

Since I tout the BGC in all my profiles, there's no way to know what percentage of my business could be directly attributed to it. I would tend to doubt it would NOT work in my favor, though.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/18/09 8:23pm
Msg #281279

Re: N/V (from here) is what I used

LOL. Guess what I found in all my paper work? Yep!! My BGC. Oh well. Guess I needed to spend some $$$ somewhere. I looked like a mad woman through all the things I had. Obviously not good enough. Right behind my Notary Certificate.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.