Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Derrick/MT on 3/2/09 9:47am
Msg #279194

Beneficial

This is going to be a bummer for people closing for IREP

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601089&sid=aBARs0DRQ1Zc&refer=china

Reply by Deborah Lewellen on 3/2/09 9:59am
Msg #279197

I ran into a former employee there a few weeks back at the grocery store. She said she was glad she got out of there when she did, she went onto a better recession proof job, closer to home. She said it had been really slow all last year, and according to how many closings I'd done for them, it had dropped dramatically from 6-7 a month to 1-2 a month or less. Anyhow, she told me that HSBC was going to get out of the mortgage lending all together, I'm like, oh my. Yet from another employee who works there, she said they were going to conventional mortgages now and yet their rates never ever go down. How can you compete, when you are charging 11%-12% interest rates? I've seen plenty of mortgages with folks having $30-$50K in credit card debt, consolidating into a FHA at 5%-6% and with credit scores 550-650. Now tell me all this TV news crap that says the lenders aren't lending? Where are they getting their information? We've been busier than ever.

Reply by janCA on 3/2/09 11:07am
Msg #279212

Operative words, "TV news crap". n/m

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 3/2/09 5:00pm
Msg #279251

Stick a fork in them....

I stopped by the Bene office today and they are out of business as of 3PM today. They got a call early AM to close it up....all offices in the USA. The manager and one CSR will stay till the end of the month to pack up and ship everything out. The end of an era....fer sure !

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/5/09 11:18am
Msg #279622

Re: Stick a fork in them....

Stay tuned, there's even more to come!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.