Notary Rotary
Blackberry, I-Phone, Etc. Recommendations
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Karen Thompson on 3/26/09 5:06pm
Msg #282272

My cell phone contract expires soon. Since the notary business has been picking up for me, I'd like to invest in a phone that has easy internet capabilities (especially for last minute closings) and an organizer. Are there phone that you can somehow connect to a portable printer and print documents from? Someone suggested a Blackberry Bold (I believe that's what it is). Any other suggestions would help.

Thanks.

Reply by Peggy J Schmidt on 3/26/09 5:28pm
Msg #282273

Have you thought about getting a netbook. Really good one's are between $300-400 price range. I own one and take it everywhere that way if I get a call I can hoop up to any printer out. Just another option.

Reply by ME/NJ on 3/26/09 6:42pm
Msg #282283

Have Blackberry Storm

Works great, not as many apps as the I-phone but Verizion service in my area is the best.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/26/09 7:14pm
Msg #282291

I just got the Blackberry Storm (first touchscreen Blackberry). I only have it a week & am still learning, so it's a little hard to give a recommendation. I also think it's only available through Verizon.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 3/26/09 9:35pm
Msg #282297

Karen, I recommend Blackberry Storm

I'm very pleased with my purchase. There are still a lot of features I don't use yet (music, video) but I do use:

1) Email at my fingertips (no logging in and I can confirm docs received, etc. in a flash)
2) Phone as a modem for my laptop for E-Signings
3) Special Ringtones for my three top Title Companies
4) Great Verizon Coverage
5) Good alarms, reminders and tasks. I use an old fashioned calendar for my appointments. It's easier for me.

I'm not crazy about having that bluetooth gadget attached to my ear so I purchased a gadget for my car. I guess it's bluetooth as well but it's small and hooks on my sun visor. When I get a call it's handsfree talking and the receiver comes through my car radio. It's a shame that I don't know what it's called but it works so well when I'm in rural areas. Is it better than the ear-gadget? Probably not because it only works in the car but I think the clarity of the sound is 10x better.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/27/09 1:11am
Msg #282310

Re: Karen, I recommend Blackberry Storm

I think that's the one a friend of mine bought. (New touchscreen?) She said the screen was so hypersensitive that she found herself activating things she didn't intend, sometimes just having it in her purse. Her son had the same problem with it, so she returned it.

My contract is just up, too, so I also appreciate everyone's comments!

Reply by Karen Thompson on 3/26/09 11:38pm
Msg #282306

Thanks. I will look into everyone's suggestions.

Reply by Dawn/PA on 3/27/09 5:47am
Msg #282315

I would suggest not buying a new phone with lots of features during end of month. I bought the iPhone on Tuesday and the learning curve has been challenging at times. So far I happy with it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.