Notary Rotary
Blacklisted by Notaries Express
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by doglover/CA on 3/14/09 8:02pm
Msg #280771

A while back there was a thread about Notaries Express. I wish to share a bad experience I had with them. One signing I had did not go smoothly because the husband had an attitude. The next day when I logged in the site with my username and password, IU see a statement that said " (username) do not use". I called up to ask why in the #%&* it said that, and was told it was because the man called them and complained that I was incompetent and took too long (I do not act like I don't know what the #$^*% I am doing with everyone I do signings with). I told them perhaps I needed more hands-on training and they told me Steve conducts webinars on how to do our job better. The person I spoke with (Svetlana), also gave me constructive advice on how to do better in the future.

The following week I called Notaries Express to get information about the next webinar and I got the runaround. Today I logged into the site with my username and password and found that my loging does not work. So I guess I am

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/14/09 8:06pm
Msg #280773

I hit the Post button too soon. meant to say I think I have been blacklisted by them.

When I spoke earlier with them, I was told that I would be dropped if I got two more complaints and I feel that I have been lied to by them.

Has anyone else been blacklisted by them? It is not like I screwed up someone's loan big time, just one person with an attitude who thinks I am an idiot.

Screw them!

Reply by John/CT on 3/14/09 8:11pm
Msg #280775

Doesn't look like any big loss ...

apart from your own feelings ... judging from the number of low ratings in SC.

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/14/09 8:14pm
Msg #280778

Re: Doesn't look like any big loss ...

On the other hand I was shopping in the supermarket one day and this lady I did a signing for recognized me. She asked, "Excuse me, are you the notary?", and then she took me aside and told me how pleased she was with my part in the process of her getting her home refinanced. I shared this testimonial with the signing company who hired me and the lady's loan officer.

Reply by John/CT on 3/14/09 8:37pm
Msg #280782

Nice to be recognized for the good things ...

which, unfortunately, doesn't happen enough. But, in this business where zero defects is the MINUMUM standard, I just have to settle on the satisfaction that I try to add value in doing my job.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/14/09 8:12pm
Msg #280777

Any halfway decent signing service should know that borrowers, just like lenders and title companies, make up stuff about notaries and try to blame us for everything under the sun. If a company is willing to drop you after a single borrower whines about you, you should consider yourself lucky, that's probably the type of company who will screw you over in other ways too.

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/14/09 8:17pm
Msg #280780

Yes, one borrower lied about me to another signing company I did a work for. He told them I was late to the signing when in truth I arrived 5 minutes early and had to wait 15 minutes for HIM to show up.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/14/09 9:23pm
Msg #280787

Hug your dog(s) and forget about the small stuff...that's what this kind of thing is.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/14/09 9:28pm
Msg #280788

So, so true, Brenda!

And I agree with Calinotary, too. I suggest you just review the whole event for any lessons that might be learned and move on. We've probably all had at least one bad experience with some client somewhere along the line. This one probably won't be your last, either, so it doesn't pay to dwell on it. Just keep learning, improving -- and marketing!

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/14/09 11:17pm
Msg #280802

Thanks, and I'll look forward to more signings in doggy homes. My notary journal is almost full and I'm going to order a journal from the NNA with puppies on the cover.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/15/09 3:46am
Msg #280811

Journal recommendation

I'd recommend trying the "mojo" journal from this site. Aside from the fact that I'm not a fan of the NNA, the journals sold here are the favorite of most of the people who post here -- puppies notwithstanding... Wink It's also an excellent value.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/15/09 11:30am
Msg #280827

Re: Journal recommendation

Definitely! The "Mojo" is the best for signing agent notarizationsSmile

Reply by sue_pa on 3/15/09 8:55am
Msg #280819

...It is not like I screwed up someone's loan big time, just one person with an attitude who thinks I am an idiot...

The ONE or TWO times this happens out of thousands of loans, you should be on the phone to your client 'tattling' on yourself before your butt even hits your car seat.

Reply by Notary/Guy on 3/14/09 11:44pm
Msg #280806

Notaries Express is the one that should be Blacklisted

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.