Notary Rotary
Busted
Notary Discussion History

Busted
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by snoopdogMs on 3/12/09 7:42am
Msg #280404

Busted

I posted previously that a notary (C) one county over has inflated her numbers to compete with another particular notary (L) close to her. I sent her an e-mail since the discretion is open to the public and was very very nice expressing concern about the differences in her E and O just within the profile on the # site, and the 1000# and also related to her profile on NR. The numbers she put in on the #site were exactly those of the competing notary (L) whom she is trying to convey that she has the same experience. This other notary (L) has bumped her closings (from previous update) to 1100 which I know have occurred. I called the SS and inquired about her (C) commission to see if it was a renewal or first. The SS said it was a first which tells me that her 200 closings (updated 2/16) on NR are the correct number as she would have had to close nearly 60 a month from day one to boast 1000. If interested, look up zipcode 39110 on NR (her notes say 200) and go to both sites. Somewhere I thought the core characteristic of the notary is that of integrity. Is anyone else willing to call her hand with an email. Notary (L) has worked her buns off to boast 1100 and truthfully convey experience.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/12/09 10:15am
Msg #280417

IMO you're being too nice about this. It has occurred before, with one notary actually copying another notary's profile verbatin. I would confront the notary directly about the exaggerated #s. Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/12/09 10:33am
Msg #280428

People lie, get over it. Seems to me that you're just being a busybody and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Find something more important to worry about than what notary C and L are doing.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 3/12/09 11:30am
Msg #280439

Congratulations Cali.

You have just done a GREAT disservice to all your fellow notaries by announcing to all new notaries that they can inflate their #'s to what they want and that there is no watchdog or accountability. Hedging a little is one thing, but this is absurd. Call me what you want, busybody or whatever. This kind of deceit affects everyone. So you don't mind working your rear off and then someone waltzs in and claims to have done the same. Not on my watch!!!!!! Or in my territory or others, if the evidence is blatant for all to read.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/12/09 10:12pm
Msg #280534

Give me a freaking break

We're all self employed, we can run our businesses however we want. There IS no accountability to anyone other than the Secretary of State. I can lie my a$$ off in any and all advertising I do, and there's not a thing you can do about it. In case you hadn't noticed, deceptive advertising isn't exactly a new concept.

But if your idea of being a "watchdog" is whining on this board about what other people in your area are doing, knock yourself out. I don't have a clue, nor do I care about what other people in my area are doing, I just take care of my own business and don't waste time handwringing about stuff I'm powerless to, and have no business changing.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/12/09 12:15pm
Msg #280451

Their lie will show itself in time. If they have done over 1000 signings, or even the lower of 200, you have a pretty good idea about docs by even doing 200. It'll be when they get the docs and start asking stuipid questions their lie will be caught. When I first started doing this work, someone told me to inflate my numbers too. I did and then changed it really quickly. I knew i'd have plenty of questions and how stupid would I look asking the simplest of questions if I had done that many signings. Just a thought.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.