Notary Rotary
CA ID requirement
Notary Discussion History

CA ID requirement
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by CA_Violet on 3/16/09 5:10pm
Msg #280901

CA ID requirement

I see in the manual 2 forms of Picture ID are required at a signing, what if they do not have a second form of picture ID and there isn't anyone available at the time to be a witness and verify the signer is who he says he is? What other form of ID is acceptable?

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/16/09 5:15pm
Msg #280902

What manual are you looking at?

If you're a CA notary, you should already know the ID requirements for notarization.

Reply by CA_Violet on 3/16/09 5:17pm
Msg #280903

Re: What manual are you looking at?

YOu are correct.
I simply haven't any notary work is awhile and Unfortunately I was nervous enough to post such an idiotic question. Sorry I asked

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/16/09 5:22pm
Msg #280905

Re: What manual are you looking at?

Well, there is no dumb question... I'm just wondering what manual you're referring to, because CA does not require two forms of ID for notarization... as a general rule. That's why I asked. We're happy to answer your question, but you need to clarify a bit more.

CA allows for a single ID... but only allows certain kinds of ID.

Reply by PAW on 3/16/09 8:16pm
Msg #280913

Maybe a lender requirement.

Some lenders and/or title companies require two forms of ID for financial transactions. Typically one must be a government issued picture ID and the other can be almost anything, even Social Security cards and credit cards.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/16/09 11:01pm
Msg #280926

Re: Maybe a lender requirement.

Yeah, that's what had I had considered as well. But, without her telling us *what* manual she's reading, it's hard to help. Frown

I took from the original message, "...what if they do not have a second form of picture ID and there isn't anyone available at the time to be a witness and verify the signer is who he says he is?"

Well, for CA... as a notary, she should be satisfied of that fact with a single form of ID. Lender requirements aside, of course.

Violet, if you come back and let us know which lender or manual you're referring to, we can give better suggestions.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/17/09 11:06am
Msg #280952

Sounds like a test question to me...especially the part

where she didn't answer "which manual". (Yes, EMWTK!)

Prove me wrong, Violet. Tell us the manual. Smile

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/17/09 11:11am
Msg #280953

Re: Maybe a lender requirement.

Violet was poking around this board in 2005. Imagine being in/around this business for that long and not being able to articulate the difference between a lender "manual" and a notary "manual"... either way she needs to get her CA notary book outand figure out what she's doing...it's not rocket science...right there in black and white.

I hope she'll come back and give a clear answer that will make me clearly wrong about the fact that she's completely clueless about being a notary. If she will...I'll say I'm sorry and obviously didn't know what I was tapping/typing about! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.