Notary Rotary
Complete Tax
Notary Discussion History

Complete Tax
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Chris_in_CA on 3/1/09 8:11pm
Msg #279161

Complete Tax

Hi, all! Has anyone used Complete Tax? I have my taxes all filled out but the one thing I cannot seem to figure out is how to let them know what income came from notarizations, as we don't have to pay SE tax on those wages (although we still have to claim it towards TOTAL income). Any advice would be appreciated! If I have to, I'll bail on Complete Tax. Does the H&R Block program (I think it is TaxCut) ask any notary specific questions??

Thanks!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/1/09 8:20pm
Msg #279162

Don't know about those two programs - I use TurboTax...they have specific questions for notary work.

Reply by SReis on 3/1/09 9:47pm
Msg #279168

TurboTax works great.

I pay extra for the better business version but it is still cheap & easy enough.

Reply by Larry/Ca on 3/1/09 10:20pm
Msg #279169

Yep, taxcut asks about notary income.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 3/2/09 7:26am
Msg #279177

Check the Sch C in the program, do they give the option(pull down tab,etc) for Notary fees.?
If not, maybe you could adjust the SE form itself Did you look in the HELP.?

Reply by MW/VA on 3/2/09 9:08am
Msg #279185

I'm not familiar with that software. I use TurboTax Home & Business. Regardless, you should be able to make the adjustment even if it's not automatically built into the program. Try going to the Schedule SE & clicking on "adjustments". There must be a way for you to make that adjustment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.