Notary Rotary
Deals on Paper
Notary Discussion History

Deals on Paper
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Jessc098 on 3/17/09 2:14pm
Msg #280993

Deals on Paper

I saw the other day that Kinkos'/Fedex Store sells paper by the ream. The price for legal was about 1/2 of what I usually pay. just thought I'd pass that along.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/17/09 3:10pm
Msg #281004

They used to sell it on-line, too. If you order 15 reams, it comes to just over the $50 minimum for free shipping! The last time I ordered (end of February), though, the confirmation came from "Discount Office Supplies", not FedEx Office. It was still Xerox paper at the same price. [As others have commented, the paper wrapping around each ream tears very easily, but the paper itself was fine.]

I'd post the link, but what I'd saved in my favorites as a link to buy legal size paper now takes me directly to the FedEx Office Supplies page. The only link I see is to their locations, so I'm wondering if they are now out of that business, except in the stores. I've picked up a spare ream on occasion from there in a pinch. It was less expensive (for legal) than at the office supply stores, but still not at all cheap, imo. [I'm glad I placed my order when I did, but I'm already about halfway through my last order.] BTW, the price was $3.55 per ream!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/17/09 3:12pm
Msg #281005

Didn't intend to hit "post" yet... I just did a search for "Discount Office Supplies" and didn't see anything for that price. Anyone else have any better info?

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 3/17/09 6:02pm
Msg #281028

I had a conversation with someone at Discount Office Supplies. Apparently, FedEx had some shipping issues. So now Discount Office supplies fulfills the orders for them.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/17/09 7:26pm
Msg #281039

Hey Janet - I called FedEx today and was routed to my

local store. I told them what I had been doing, gave product number and price. They said they could order, but that they were now charging, 2 cases, $103. Told them, Thanks, but no thanks. I mentioned that a great market was now lost as many notaries across the country were using them that now had no other place to go. (not true, but my sob story of the day) So it looks as though Costco is the place to buy now. Since I will be needing paper soon, I will be searching and will post what I find. In the meantime, I guess I had better quit deleting emails from Quill.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/17/09 9:21pm
Msg #281049

Thanks for the info.

Well, I guess the only thing we can count on (other than death and taxes) is that things will change! Actually, I'm pretty happy with Costco. The letter size paper is really cheap and I don't ever have to worry about how long shipping will take. I originally got my membership there just to buy paper and toner cartridges (although they no longer carry the one I need). The gas there is also the cheapest in my area. Since then, I've acquired a "business" American Express card. Last month, I got a rebate for my usage last year that was more than $75! (The Executive Membership didn't save me anything, but I don't buy a lot of groceries there.)

BTW, if anyone who isn't already a Costco member is interested in becoming one, they offer a referral fee of some kind. (I don't remember exactly what it is, but I'll find out.) If you send me a PM, I'll reply with whatever info they need and split the referral fee with you. Wink

As for Quill, the only time I've gotten any good deals from them was when someone here posted a link about something they found. I guess I don't have the patience to drill down and go searching. But it seems to me that from the ads I get, their starting prices are so high for the small potatoes folks like us, that their deals don't seem so great.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/18/09 8:38am
Msg #281094

Re: Thanks for the info.

I'm in agreement w/you on Quill...I wish they would keep their cookies, DVD's, tote bags and whatever else they offer as 'gifts' and reduce the price instead. I don't need to get any fatter, watch more movies, lug more stuff...cash, just cash off please.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 3/17/09 7:21pm
Msg #281037

You may try Stupid Prices

222 So. Central Avenue
Kent, WA 98031
253-856-3647
Google Map
Mon-Tues: 10am-6pm
Wed-Fri: 10am-8pm
Sat-Sun: 10am-6pm

They are a Costco catfish (overstock, stuff that didn't sell,etc.) Legal sells for $2.79/ream and no tax.

Reply by AngelTX on 3/17/09 8:07pm
Msg #281042

Re: You may try Stupid Prices

i guess no luck they arent in Texas

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.