Notary Rotary
Docs. date
Notary Discussion History

Docs. date
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Raquel Towarnicki on 3/28/09 9:18am
Msg #282499

Docs. date

I did send title co. message stating that Docs. can have a future date but Notarization will have date when borrower signs... I have a feeling they will tell me thank you but no thank you .... Oh well I rather be safe than sorry.

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/28/09 9:34am
Msg #282501

Was set up to do a signing for a good SS when the TC decided they would get their own notary to do the work. Wanted backdating and I said no. Wonder who they got to do an illegal act for them?

Reply by jba/fl on 3/28/09 9:43am
Msg #282505

What matters is that you didn't.

They will always find someone - some poor schmuck who wants the money more than their self respect and dignity; one whose ethics and scruples, integrity and responsibility are low on their personal list of "Things to do".

Reply by Raquel Towarnicki on 3/28/09 10:04am
Msg #282508

Re: What matters is that you didn't.

You are right, if they asked me is because it does happen and someone else agreed w/it, but I really do not feel is the right thing to do, when it comes to legal matters and my name is there things have to be done right.

Reply by LynnNC on 3/28/09 9:43am
Msg #282504

Docs cannot have a future date, but can have a past date. However, the borrower and NSA will date as of the date documents are signed.

Reply by Gary Boehm on 3/28/09 11:52am
Msg #282520

Docs. date

I can't remember when I have been asked that but my response would be three things: What is the borrower's name? What is the address? Will you send me an email describing what you are asking me to do and why you need to do this? After getting an answer to the first two they will most likely refuse the third request. In any case I would have enough information to go to the county records in a few weeks and get the Notary and possibly Title company that did the dirty deed and turn them in to the State. I'm not a vindictive person but this is illegal to do and to ask someone to do and gives all of us a bad reputation. They NEED to be put out of business. Then we will have GOOD Title companies to work with and they will have good Notaries. Agreed?

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 3/28/09 11:56am
Msg #282521

Mtg loan docs can have a transaction date that is in the future - it's up to each lender, but there is no law I've ever heard of that would prevent this. It's often set up that way when two signers are signing the same documents, but in different locations.

The notarial cert would still be dated correctly, regardless.

Reply by LynnNC on 3/28/09 2:02pm
Msg #282534

I haven't experienced docs dated in the future

If I did, I would check with the title co. to make sure that it wasn't an error. If they say it is OK, then it would be.

Reply by Gary Boehm on 3/28/09 12:32pm
Msg #282527

I was referring to someone asking you to back-date o/c - n/m

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 3/28/09 12:51pm
Msg #282528

Gary - I was responding to Lynn =) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.