Does anyone use an answering service?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by MistarellaFL on 3/4/09 6:05am
Msg #279411

To answer phones and schedule appts?
If so, how is is working for you, and can you make any company recommendations?

Reply by sue_pa on 3/4/09 7:06am
Msg #279414

No one could ever schedule my appointments for me. I know from the calls how long the appointments will take because I know the size of almost every lender packaqge (unless someome "forgets" to tell me that it's 200 pages) and the approx. driving distance between them. I know who gives me 'trouble' loans and who gives me perfect loans. I know that company A has docs to me a day ahead of time and that company B sends them 15 minutes prior to the appointment, even though I've got a 45 minute drive plus print time.

I am back to using 2 cell phones - one to receive calls and one to make them because while returning calls I've been missing new orders coming in.

Reply by AngelTX on 3/4/09 8:46am
Msg #279423

that is a good idea, i think i will get another phone, the same thing happens to me

Reply by Henry Davidson on 3/4/09 9:00am
Msg #279430

Whats next....3 ears....how about working with a nationwide service...as I do not think the growth strategy of more ears will work out that well.....

HDD

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/5/09 6:05am
Msg #279553

as I do not think the growth strategy of more ears will work

<<<as I do not think the growth strategy of more ears will work out that well.....>>>

You ought to know.

Reply by sue_pa on 3/5/09 7:52am
Msg #279568

.......how about working with a nationwide service...

What are you talking about?

My memory is slow ... you are the guy who perhaps a year ago wanted my title client contacts ... Offer still stands to sell you my ENTIRE business ... not give you my contacts to "help" them and me. Please contact some PA brokers to research the general "formula" for price setting in purchasing an ongoing , lucrative business in PA before you send me a private message. Also remember, it's a six digit figure and the first digit isn't a "1".

Reply by jba/fl on 3/4/09 9:53am
Msg #279435

Have been using 2 phones for long time...one w/set # mins, other free outgoing.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 3/4/09 11:14am
Msg #279441

I use a regualar land line for outgoing calls, (free long distance). Two cell phones would be too many for me!

Reply by sue_pa on 3/5/09 7:47am
Msg #279567

I'm talking about while on the road. I have always transferred my business land line to my cell phone when going out (I don't give my cell phone number to any of my clients or to borrowers). During the busy years, you could not retrieve messages, call in status, call a borrower about funds due or appointment times, without the phone ringing. It has jumped to that point again. So, I put minutes on my daughter's old prepaid cell phone and I use that phone to call in status, etc., there by keeping my "real" phone line free for clients calling with appointments.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 3/4/09 5:11pm
Msg #279521

Misterella, glad to see your post...I don't use one now but

I have considered doing so more than once. Haven't made any calls to get prices yet. Based on the business I get I think I could benefit from using one. The majority of my loan business is coming from about six different companies. I think I could come up with a script for an operator to follow to schedule the majority of my appointments from those companies. I'd be interested in hearing what you decide to do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.