Notary Rotary
Edoc fees being lowered by some companies
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Joseph Miller on 3/26/09 11:26am
Msg #282196

I have a clsoing for this evening that was originally with overniter docs but Settlement corp was not able to get docs out on time and will email docs.

I received a new conformation showing the fee with edocs and I was flabburgasted they added a whopping $12.50 for edocs.

I agreed for overnight docs at $100 and I said my lowest price with edocs is $125 which is what I charged 5 years ago. Paper and toner have gone up over 5 years but I lowered my prices to what I charged then.

I told them I cannot accept a $12.50 edoc charge and they told me this time only they would give me the $125 I asked for and take me off their list for edoc signings.

Has anyone else experienced lower fees?

Joe/NC

Reply by janCA on 3/26/09 11:29am
Msg #282198

Over and over again, but it's your business and your fees and either they accept your fee or move on to the next notary.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/26/09 11:39am
Msg #282199

When they went to their $12.50 e-docs fee a while back, I decided that my minimum fee for Settlement Corp would be my regular fee with e-docs. That way if it turns from o/n docs to e-docs, I get a $12.50 bonus (woo-hoo!) and no hassling about the fee.

Reply by Tess on 3/26/09 11:42am
Msg #282201

Re: I did the same thing! n/m

Reply by Tish/CA on 3/26/09 2:07pm
Msg #282220

No, nobody has ever tried to low ball me with edoc fees. This would be particularly out of line in your situation where they made a last minute change on you from O/N to edocs.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/26/09 3:31pm
Msg #282241

As has already been suggested, you can raise your fee to include the cost of printing.
On this subject, this week I had a printer "malfunction" and ended up having docs printed through a local concern. My average cost for a set of docs was about $12. Of course, it's not my equipment, paper, toner, etc. which is expensive to maintain, as we all know. I won't even go into how much these darned printers have cost me to date. I thought I was good to go with an Brother 5250 DNT I purchased 6 months ago. It totally shut down, won't print a thing (EOM to boot!) & Brother is sending a replacement. Lousy timing, I can tell you. Thanks for letting me vent!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.