Notary Rotary
Email issues
Notary Discussion History

Email issues
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by hcampersFL on 3/11/09 5:32pm
Msg #280354

Email issues

Any one else having email issues? If you get an email from me [e-mail address] do not open it. It has wiped out all my contacts. Not sure what is going on.

Thanks Beverly

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/11/09 6:10pm
Msg #280356

Beverly: Was it using Outlook to do that?

I have heard of this going on coming through a facebook or myspace account recently...and I'm pretty sure you don't have one of those.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/11/09 6:14pm
Msg #280357

Interesting - I got two emails today from

local notaries (we don't normally exchange emails at all), both containing a link and suggesting I check out the site...something to do with saving money - thought it was odd they sent them to me....hmmmm

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/11/09 7:05pm
Msg #280366

It's a nasty mess when you get one of those darn things.

Takes awhile to get it out of there.

We'll see how good my computer's security is at the office. So far, no problem except for one other who had this situation in our office. And we have good virus control. My son used to work for the local university and when they got it it was NASTY.

Personally, I pay $49.95 a year and use MS Onecare on all my personal computers. (2) But I have had as many as three on it.

http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/3/default.htm

I have been happy with it. It has other features like networking printers through the main "hub" computer as well as nightly back ups.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 3/11/09 7:50pm
Msg #280369

Wow, coming from Beverly I just opened it without a thought

It did seem strange that there was no personal message in the e-mail. No problems so far.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/11/09 8:08pm
Msg #280370

Me too, Charles! Google this:

"New Shopping New Life" and you'll learn a bit about the bug Beverly was bitten with.

Just b/c we looked at it dodesn't mean we'll get it...just have to keep those virus scanners running.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/11/09 8:09pm
Msg #280371

New Shopping New LIfe

That's the one I got!!

Reply by Becca_FL on 3/11/09 10:31pm
Msg #280386

I got it too, Bev, and wondered why you were spamming the network and all of my email addresses. I ignored it, thankfully.

Run a virus scan, definitely. I use AVG. It's free and I am told, it is the best.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.