Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Email worm - Three notaries have now sent it to me.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 3/12/09 12:25pm
Msg #280452

Christi in California...just got one from you too!

Got one from a Tx notary as well.

"Good website" was in the most recent subject line.

Delete them. I don't know it it is the notary's computer which is infected or a worm in yahoo or msn doing it from their computers.

Time will tell. Back up and run virus scanners constantly.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/12/09 12:31pm
Msg #280453

I scanned yesterday after we discussed this - nothing found...phew!! Haven't received any more today but am on the lookout...Smile

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/12/09 12:43pm
Msg #280458

I don't remember 'who' I (didn't actually) get an e-mail from.... but it was a gmail return addy with something really weird in the subject line. Deleted without opening. No problems since that one 2 days ago (yet).

I do want to pass on 'the story' as to why I don't link to my profile: Granted, many years ago some horrible virus/worm/whatever grabbed addys definitely from a notary board and just multiplied like crazy. I was waiting for edocs BUT still had to wait while Norton 'caught' the critter, told me about it, & I had to manually delete it before it would move on the the next nasty e-mail.... repeat this 214 times before I got to the docs. Oh, yes, I was late for that appointment and had a lot of people mad at me. Never, ever again. Nor do I really know if 'linking to profile' was the culprit, but, if it was, never again.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/12/09 12:49pm
Msg #280461

The two I got yesterday came from two notaries in my general area - I thought it was odd as we're not normally in email contact but it never occurred to me it was anything bad - until I saw Bev's post here...

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/12/09 1:34pm
Msg #280470

Re: Email worm - Make that four! n/m

Reply by LisaWI on 3/12/09 1:52pm
Msg #280475

Re: Email worm - Make that four!

I just received another one. Different person, pretty much the same message, but with a different website address.

This worm is hard at work!!

Reply by Becca_FL on 3/12/09 2:34pm
Msg #280485

I remember that virus, Lee.

The virus got in my email contacts and nearly shut down the law firm my mother was working for. I remember writing Harry about it because the original culprit was emailed from a notaryrotary email address. I finally cleaned up my system, switched to mozilla and AVG and I haven't had a problem since.

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 3/13/09 10:59pm
Msg #280670

Re: I remember that virus, Lee.

Got into a few of my email contacts too before it was "caught!" Does anyone know how to recover the lost contacts? I switched my email addy to verizon...because I've been told by numerous techs that it is hitting a lot of yahoo email accounts. It is ruthless, and I apologize from the bottom of my heart if anyone rec'd anything from my old yahoo email. It hit me yesterday at 6 in the evening.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.