Notary Rotary
Finishline Signing Company - Beware!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Blackwell Eyo and Associates, LLC - Closings on 3/4/09 1:52pm
Msg #279482

This company is not abiding by their payment policy of net 45 days. I completed a signing for them 12/22/08 and still have not been paid. After following up twice, today I received the following email:

"Checks are going out today and I am sorry for the delay, are here to stay but we are late in paying everyone.
Thanks so much for the work you do AND your patience."

BEWARE

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/4/09 2:17pm
Msg #279489

I too have one that is late from Finish Line - signing completed in mid-January 2009. Their own payment policy sent with the confirmation stated that payment is remitted the 15th of the month following the signing, which would have been Feb 15th. I contacted them last Monday and Stephen responded by copying me on an e-mail to his accounting person asking her to cut my check if it had not already been done. We'll see if it shows up.

Reply by aanotary on 3/4/09 4:45pm
Msg #279519

They used to be a good one-BUT......

last time I had to wait over 60 days with numerous calls.

Reply by ChristineHI on 3/4/09 6:58pm
Msg #279526

Ah man. I did one for them a few weeks ago and I called them a week ago just to check in and was told I would receive the check by March 31st, which is 45 days. I was ok with that but now I am worried. I sent them an email to see what is going on. Thank you for the heads up!!

Reply by Cheryl Anderson on 3/4/09 9:09pm
Msg #279534

Finishline Signing Company

I've done some work for Finish Line, and although they have been a little ( or a lot...depending on perspective) behind, they have been good for payment, at least in my experience. I will choose to continue to work for them. I hope that everyone gets paid what they are owed, by all their companies. Good Luck!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/5/09 5:30am
Msg #279551

Re: Finish Line Signing Company

I will be contacting the title company on the deal if I do not receive payment as promised by Stephen.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/5/09 10:19am
Msg #279602

I did one for them recently……so I’ll hope? The people at Finish Line seemed okay to me, my problems (and the borrowers) were with the Title Company. I would never do a signing for them again. I don’t mean Finish Line, but the Title Company in AZ.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/5/09 2:36pm
Msg #279656

I received payment in today's mail. According to the postmark, it was mailed on Monday March 2nd, which was the same day Stephen copied me on the e-mail to his accounting person asking her to cut me a check if it had not already been done (obviously it hadn't). I'm glad to be paid but I feel it was only as a result of me inquiring about the status of my payment, since it was not issued according to their own payment policy time frame.

Reply by cal2az on 4/15/09 8:00pm
Msg #285228

Today's April 15, 2009, after 6:00 PM - am owed for a 02/06/09 - 70 days.

Another for February 20, 2009 - almost sixty days.

Filing complaint with BBB tomorrow.

Reply by ADD/NYCT on 6/8/09 11:23am
Msg #291567

Same thing here. Two emails (threatening to contact title co, atty and borrower) and 65 days to pay. They told me loan was a single refi and it was a 400 page CEMA loan - plus the Atty had me print out triples of the note, mortgage, hud, til, riders etc. After a 5 weeks I emailed them and they sent me an email saying "There is a two month delay in checks. Money is INSANELY slow to come in, and thus has been slow coming out. We are almost back to out usual protocal" (which is work month one from the first to the 31st, paid on the 15th of month two. If you don't mind waiting two months, printing extra stuff and chasing your money - go for it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.