Notary Rotary
Genuine Title
Notary Discussion History

Genuine Title
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by higglyfl on 3/12/09 10:04am
Msg #280416

Genuine Title

I accepted a closing for genuine title, printed docs and realized they were dated with yesterdays date. I called them and they asked me to back date the docs. I said no, they called another notary to back date the docs. Please do not accept any closings from this company. They are shady and don't pay!

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/12/09 10:15am
Msg #280418

That is exactly why I check SC before I accept anything from someone for a first time. Now you are stuck with having printed docs. That stinks.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/12/09 10:33am
Msg #280427

Yeah that does suck!
But….better that having printed the docs…gone to the appointment…backdated the docs, as instructed……then not gotten paid one red cent for your efforts…....
Then when the borrowers find that the title company is/was a bunch of shysters, and overcharged them on everything, and back out of the deal…….
Now it comes to light that YOU violated the law, and knowingly (not covered by E&O ins) backdated and notarized the documents……
Then you lose your notary commission, pay a fine, and get sued by the borrower for any of their losses, spend a lot of time and money on lawyers, and just maybe a little time in the slammer.
Be thankful for small favorites, and your God given good judgment.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 3/12/09 10:26am
Msg #280425

Unbelievable! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 3/12/09 10:27am
Msg #280426

I hope you invoice them for a print & cancellation fee!

Reply by Les_CO on 3/12/09 10:42am
Msg #280430

Just so you know it is ILLEGAL to ask /or require someone to do an illegal act. You may want the Maryland Insurance Administration/ Fraud Division know...Their toll free number is 1-800-846-4069.

Reply by Calnotary on 3/12/09 11:34am
Msg #280443

If they weren't date sensitive docs why do you worry if were yesterday's date? Now when they asked to date for Yesterday's date, they must been testing you out to see if you knew your state notary law. I just care what date I put in my certificates, and it has to be THE CURRENT DATE, not tomorrow's not a few days ago, period.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/12/09 11:57am
Msg #280449

Re: Genuine Title...you know, if you have the time and

energy - you have all the information you need - watch the county records for when this mortgage records and note the notary who did it - and if you're so inclined, the SOS may be interested...

Just a thought..

Reply by Marre Barnette on 3/30/09 7:52pm
Msg #282747

Re: Genuine Title's ill practices

They are so foul at this company. This Kosty guy is as dumb as they come and he calls notaries stupid and says we come a dime a dozen. This idiot can't spell and has the nerve to say we come a dime a dozen; he's not even worth 1/2 cent let alone a dime a dozen. Be glad of not doing any business. Here's the email this scandalous male sent:

"You are halarious. I run a multi million dollla business you are a peasent in the scheme of things. I close 400 deals a month and I will continuje to be succesfull. You can't handle the truth because you are to inconsiserare to realize how much of a pain you really are. I would never suggest a title compnay to give you a deal to close. I would rather suffer than give you any business. Do what you must but in the end I will keep ok rolling with business and you will parish. It's halarious that you think you have the upper hand in this. I hired a notary in minutes because you guys are a dime a dozen. I an sitting here laughing with my partner and owner at these rediculous emails from you.

Konstantin Safir
Account Executive
Genuine Title LLC
11155 Dolfield blvd
Suite 100
Owings mills MD 21117
(443)738-3448 Off direct
(410)428-2676 Cell
(443)738-3449 Fax"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.