Notary Rotary
Genuine Title/and other deadbeats
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Les_CO on 3/11/09 12:22pm
Msg #280309

That’s Genuine Title, LLC Owings Mills MD.

A LIST:

Things that should cause a Notary to call back and cancel the appointment:

When a SS, or Title Company purports to do “Nationwide” business, yet has only ‘local’ (as in not toll free) telephone/Fax numbers. If they can't afford a toll free number, they can't afford to pay you.

When their ‘confirmation’ fails to mention your agreed upon fee.

When their ‘instructions’ have lots of picayune, and ridiculous requirements, and subsequent “fines” if not met exactly.

When they (cleverly) require you do a certain thing, or to send something in a certain way and then don’t include the address to send it to {this is NOT a mistake on their part, just a “requirement” that can’t be (easily) met} Some of these crooks (like Mr. Safir) spend hours thinking of ways to NOT pay notaries.

When they fail to include a physical address on any of their correspondence.

When the phone call comes from one entity, the confirmation from another and the documents from a third.

When the scheduler speaks, Hindi, Tagalog, or some sort of Pigeon English.

When some idiot that ‘owns’ or works for one of these companies, gets on this, or one of the other ‘notary boards’ and berates any Notaries that complain about non-payment, as stupid, or that they can’t follow instructions.

When ANY Title Company (that gets paid when the loan funds) that says their payment policy is to pay more than 30 days after the signing. Title should cut the check the day the loan funds. (To ‘some’ SS’s I give a bit more leeway, after all they must get paid from Title, they don’t have the borrowers money sitting in an escrow account. That said, there are risks in this business, and if you're going to be a SS you should have the capital necessary to pay your contractors.)

Remember it’s much easier to call back and refuse the job, that to spend days chasing your money.

I’m sure I’ve missed a few….maybe some members here can add to the list?
I think we all would be grateful.

Reply by Richard Ingram on 3/11/09 1:19pm
Msg #280320

Les CO,
Thanks for the heads up on Genuine Title. I completed a signing for Mr. Konstantin Safir on 1/26/2009. I spent over 5 hours waiting on docs, the borrower having to talk to the broker and other mistakes on this signing. I explained to Mr. Safir that the fee needed to be adjusted due to the excessive time spent and having to reschedule another signing as his borrower was leaving town and had to get it done. Mr. Safir told me to invoice what I thought was reasonable which I did. I have not received my fee but will continue my diligence in this matter.
The requirement to call his cell phone after the signing and to submit the invoice by PDF under $25.00 penalty should have opened my eyes. Of course the payment every 15th and 30th looked good but I am now well passed the 30th day.
Perhaps this will warn others about his company's practices. As you put it so very well, "Remember it;s much easier to call back and refuse the job, than to spend days chasing your money.
Thanks again for the heads up.

Reply by Lee/TX on 3/11/09 1:36pm
Msg #280327

Thank you so much for this run down on when to cancel an appointment.
Everyone you list is so very true. Appreciate you taking the time to put
them in writing.

Reply by Patricia/VT on 3/11/09 2:04pm
Msg #280331

You are right. I turned one down this morning from Your Notary on the Go in CA, while he was still rattling off special requirements. While he talked, I used the orange button.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/11/09 4:31pm
Msg #280349

I'd say that's a pretty good sign that you should decline

If you have time to come to the website, do a search, and read the results all during the time they're listing the special requirements of the signing, it's safe to say that is one PITA job you don't want.

Reply by Doris_CO on 3/11/09 3:11pm
Msg #280338

I had one encounter with Genuine. I accepted the closing on the go and when I looked them up, decided not to work with them. I tried calling the woman who called me and she didn't answer and her mail box was full. I then called the main number and spoke to Mr. Safir and told him I was declining. I then was the recipient of several e-mails which were very argumentative and showed complete contempt for the notaries that have worked for them. I've connected their name with the phone number on my cell and when they call I don't answer.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.