Notary Rotary
HELP
Notary Discussion History

HELP
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Secure Signing Inc on 3/13/09 5:45pm
Msg #280634

HELP

I run a signing service in Ca. Over the last few years I have had several notaries turn down work from me due to negative feedback from this site. I also get about 3 notaries per month calling looking for payment which turns out not to be my deals. It bothered me but not to the extent of blogging-until today. There is a company with a similar name back east, except his name is Secure SigningS-(Plural).. Who can point me in the right direction on this site to differentiate my company from theirs? I had a notary hold my clients docs RANSOM today unless I paid via pay pal. I did everything short of flying out to meet with him to help him understand he is confusing me with this other co. I am furious at this guy and would also like to warn companies of his extremely unprofessionalism.
Please only reply if you can help as I have a large influx of notaries registering daily.
Kind regards,
Dave

Reply by spnotaryplus on 3/13/09 6:11pm
Msg #280637

Re: HELP: Secure Signings, Inc

Dave, I don't know if this helps with the confusion. I think it's been discussed before about how when a person signs on to this site some of the companies disappear from the Signing Central section of the site. For example when not logged in I noticed two companies with the same name but with different sites but while logged in your information is gone. You may want to call the moderator of this site or email them and see if this can be fixed, Again I was just tooling around and this is what I came uo with. Could be why you are getting the bad reputation or maybe not. I never worked for you before so I have no complaint with you.

Steve

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/13/09 6:18pm
Msg #280638

If you can't see a company when logged in then

they're not coded as doing business in your state....I went through this last week with another company - after receiving calls from a company for signings I contacted management and asked them to code the company for FL...they did and the co. now shows up for me.

Dave - you don't show up for me either so, apparently, you don't do business in FL - if you do, then you need to contact management and have the re-code you for the states you serve or nationwide if easier..

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/13/09 7:12pm
Msg #280641

What Arkansas sees...

Logged in, I see only 1...Secure Signings, Inc. (with the final 's') in Eldersburg, MD..& they ain't so good.
Not logged in, I see 2: Secure Signings in Santa Rosa, CA and Secure Signings, Inc. in Eldersburg, MD (note both have the plural 's')...but because I'm not logged in, I can't see what anyone says about this co.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/13/09 7:17pm
Msg #280642

"I had a notary hold my clients docs RANSOM today unless I paid via pay pal."

Now that's just plain WRONG. If a notary wants payment up front, they need to arrange that before taking the assignment. Holding documents ransom? So unprofessional. So wrong. There is NO excuse for that.

That said, on Signing Central, it does say that the CA company is "Secure Signings" and the website (nonfunctional) is also plural.

Reply by LKT/CA on 3/13/09 7:33pm
Msg #280646

Your company in Santa Rosa, CA is listed as Secure SigningS......the other company Eldersburg, MD is listed as Secure SigningS, Inc. I suppose when your schedular searches for notaries, they'll have to state (and emphasize), "I am calling from Secure Signings LOCATED IN SANTA ROSA, CA".

Holding docs hostage is a definite NO-NO and shame on the notary that did this. Remove him from your database.

Reply by Cam/CA on 3/13/09 7:40pm
Msg #280647

Re: He didn't say where in CA his company is; there's

one is Irvine without an "S"

Reply by LKT/CA on 3/13/09 7:50pm
Msg #280649

My bad for assuming.....only two listed in SC., didn't know about Irvine. I see the confusion and how someone could mistake his company for an east coast deadbeat.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/13/09 8:03pm
Msg #280650

True, Secure Signing, Inc. (no 's') is out of Irvine. They are NOT in signing Central yet.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/13/09 8:05pm
Msg #280651

Yes they are, Marian... n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/13/09 8:07pm
Msg #280652

Re: Yes they are, Marian...

The one in Irvine?

I see the one in Santa Rosa... and the one in MD.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/13/09 8:09pm
Msg #280653

You're right - I apologize...

(must be the sleep deprivation)....signing (no s) isn't listed...

Again...my apologies..

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/13/09 8:11pm
Msg #280656

Re: You're right - I apologize...

No prob! I've been deprived myself this week... moving, packing, unpacking...driving back and forth. I'm exhausted!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/13/09 8:15pm
Msg #280658

Re: You're right - I apologize...

Hehe...I have no one to blame but a 6-OT Big East basketball tournament.....up til 1:45am or so....awake again at 4:30...AARRGGHH....

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/13/09 8:10pm
Msg #280654

Re: Yes they are, Marian...

This is the one I'm looking for in SC:

Secure Signing, Inc.
18851 Bardeen Ave. #200
Irvine, CA 92612
www.securesigningservice.com

Logged in or out... I don't see this one.

Reply by Secure Signing Inc on 3/13/09 10:26pm
Msg #280666

I am going to try to respond to all your helpful suggestions. I didn't know I would get so many responses. I am actually in Irvine Ca.
I hope to respond to more-busy with 5 mth old twin and a 2 ye old.whew.
Thanks for now
Dave

Reply by Secure Signing Inc on 3/13/09 10:34pm
Msg #280668

My address is:
Secure Signing Inc
18851 Bardeen Ave
Irvine, Ca 92612
www.securesigningservice.com

I will try to get logged into signing central next week as I would like my name to ALWAYS be in good standing.
Thanks again to all and to a more prosperous year than last.

Dave

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/14/09 1:16am
Msg #280676

OK by me...

Since I just got a check today for two signings I did for Secure Signing less than 30 days ago, I suppose I should chime in here. (BTW, thank you Dave!)

I posted below about giving a new company a chance when you don't find anything negative about them and you may find yourself with a good new client. Dave's company was one of those that came to mind, even though I hadn't yet made the connection or checked to see how long it took for my check to arrive. If I remember correctly, it was a no-hassle experience and I would work for him again, FWIW.

Reply by HB/CA on 3/14/09 1:20am
Msg #280678

I just tried to sign up via your website and I got a message saying, "Opps! This link appears to be broken"
I'm not sure what happened.

Reply by Maureen_nh on 3/13/09 11:21pm
Msg #280672

Ever think of changing your name to something more unique?
Sorry you have been hurt by the bad guys, but it's good to see that more notaries are practising due diligance.
We signing agents as a whole have lost million to out and out crooks or folks that are well meaning but that shouldn't be in business.

Reply by Jessc098 on 3/16/09 10:47am
Msg #280863

Dave,

Sorry to hear you had this experience with a notary. Just my opinion here, but I think if a notary takes the work, they take the chance with the SS. They've got no business holding someone elses' documents for ransom. It's unethical and unimaginable, and they have no business continuing in practice. If they had that strong a fear that you would not pay, they should have never taken the work.

Thanks for posting here to differentiate from the other company. I pre-screen clients I haven't worked for with this forum checking for g/b/u posts before I take work from someone new. Hopefully your post here today will help others.

All the best,
Jessica W

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.