Notary Rotary
Had a call last week to do a notarization
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Kate/CA on 3/23/09 7:08pm
Msg #281874

This woman called, she wanted me to meet her at the hospital near me, to notarize a document for her mother. We were to meet in the skilled nursing section of the hospital.I asked why her mother was in the hospital? She replied she was suffering from dementia.
I tried to explain that if her mother didn't have her full faculties I couldn't notarize for her mother. The daughter then tells her mother doesn't have a problem with her faculties except, she did have a brace on her right arm. I asked the lady if I could call her back, as I had put someone else on hold her answer her call, I would call her back, which I had.

When I finished with my other call and had quit laughing I called her back. I tried again to explain. She still tried to convince me her mother was fine, she and recall all kind of things when she was young and such. I then explained I would have to as her some questions, like who is President now. Oh, she wouldn't know that!

I then suggested she conservatorship, that she should of gotten a POA.. "Oh, I have a Power of Attorney, for her". I then asked why arn't you just using that. I then suggest she take the doculment to the bank and have

Reply by Kate/CA on 3/23/09 7:09pm
Msg #281875

the POA and have them look at it before she signs the forms. She didn't know what to use the POA for or when.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.