Notary Rotary
How to price a signing
Notary Discussion History

How to price a signing
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Anthony Brown on 3/7/09 12:41am
Msg #279937

How to price a signing

What is the average fee/charge for travel? What are any other charges outside of the state allowed charges for signing?

Reply by JAM/CA on 3/7/09 1:37am
Msg #279941

There is no average fee for travel. Only you can determine what to charge. It depends on distance, time of day (traffic). Too many variables.

Reply by GA/Atty on 3/7/09 8:54am
Msg #279950

$110 for up to 20 miles one way; then add $1/mile beyond

that rounded to the next highest $25 increment.

Reply by A S Johnson on 3/7/09 9:53am
Msg #279963

Re: $110 for up to 20 miles one way; then add $1/mile beyond

MY charges are the same. I'm just w of Ft Worth Tx.
And, YES, what other Signing Agents in my area charge does effect me. Your time is valuable.

Reply by TRG_wy on 3/7/09 8:58am
Msg #279952

Certain restrictions may apply by state so check your state's rules. A good starting point might be the Federal mileage allowance. Also consider the windshield time involved. Time too is a factor. - If I have to drive 90 miles to get to where I am going, that is 180 miles R/T and three hours+ windshield time. Drive time should not be free time. P.S. I do not charge drive time for anything local, but Wyoming is so rural that I often must make long trips.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/7/09 9:16am
Msg #279957

It's a very person-specific thing that only you can calculate. For example, the 90 mile RT of above poster would be about 7 hours of windshield time thru mountains around here (& I wouldn't do it for any price.) In addition to your seal and experience & expenses, you are also selling your time. What's yours worth?

Reply by Patricia/VT on 3/7/09 10:35am
Msg #279968

Here, in Vermont, weather and road conditions are a factor, and sometimes I add a Moose Fee.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/7/09 1:45pm
Msg #279980

I belong to Women of Moose-is that how you pay your dues? n/m

Reply by Patricia/VT on 3/7/09 4:08pm
Msg #279990

Re: I belong to Women of Moose-is that how you pay your dues?

No- Our moose weigh 800-1200 lbs, and in some areas often wander on and across roads. All you can do, especially at night, when they are very hard to see, is drive very slowly and watch carefully. They really do seem to just loom up out of nowhere, especially in the Northeast Kingdom. In the course of work, I do a lot of non-freeway driving in some pretty rural areas. Therefore, road conditions, weather and sometimes moose, in addition to time, all figure in my travel fees. So far, in the five years I've lived in Vermont, I've seen eleven moose on the roads.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/7/09 7:15pm
Msg #279997

I knew that - I just couldn't resist!

We used to live near lots of deer and travelled 2 lane roads. One night my hubby called me at work to say he had hit 2 deer that just jumped across the road in front of him - nothing he could do except go into one of those deep ditches which would probably have overturned him, hit an oncoming vehicle or hit the deer. What a mess that was...

Reply by Maureen_nh on 3/7/09 7:21pm
Msg #279999

I had to laugh last year when I was on a trip to Alaska and the big dissapointment for fellow travelers was at not seeing a moose.
I told them they were in the wrong corner of the country--we have to shoo them off.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/8/09 8:56am
Msg #280016

Lol Here in Colorado it's Mule deer. You have to drive slow anywhere there are pine trees with a lot of hills and dips you just can't see them coming. Remember the 3 D's , dusk, dawn = Deer.

Last week driving to town I crossed the first hill to find four large Bucks just standing in the middle of the road. They had no intention of moving until they were good and ready. Sounded the horn, all they did was look at the jeep. I could swear one stuck his tongue out at me. lol Well cars in both directions just sitting waiting for them to move. It looked like they were deciding to go right or left (big decision for deer at 7AM) Finally they walked off into the trees one by one, no big hurry. You just can't rush Mother Nature Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.