Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I believe I have now "seen it all", want to stop looking ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by ReneeK_MI on 3/18/09 9:03am
Msg #281101

spent some time VERY early this morning just scouting about, and came across an NSA forum I'd never seen before.

Saw a posting by an NSA in CA who stated that they'd 'rather take the $20 signings and get paid, then take the $40 ones and probably not get paid'.

It's been a few hours since I read it, and at least I'm breathing normally again ...

Reply by trnsa_IL on 3/18/09 9:10am
Msg #281102

Unfortunately, whether they realize it or not, they are not getting "paid" anyway. To do any closing for either fee would not cover my cost and expenses in IL let alone CA. They cannot be doing anything but going under with their expenses. I am in this business to make a profit to live on, not just make money for Office Depot, Quik Trip (gasoline) or any other supplier!

JMO

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/18/09 10:18am
Msg #281114

Seriously, those type of posts make me wonder if they aren't looking for attention. It doesn't seem like anyone with an ounce of sense would announce something like that w/o looking for a rise. Like I see alot of people say "troll" alert.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 3/18/09 10:17am
Msg #281113

The poster was probably a part-timer who steals from his/her employer by printing at their primary job.

I can't imagine anyone who has to actually pay for toner and paper who would even think they are making money at $40 per signing, much less the $20 per signing that was the topic of the post.

Reply by Kate/CA on 3/18/09 6:44pm
Msg #281249

I agree, I know several of my competion, that uses their real estate office to print the doc. They are not the owner.

Reply by Tess on 3/18/09 10:22am
Msg #281120

Re: I bet they are not planning on or not paying income tax! n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 3/18/09 12:07pm
Msg #281145

How disgusting to think that someone is out there actually taking work for $20. My minimum fee for general notary work (mobile) is higher than that. What are they thinking (or not)???

Reply by notaryinmo on 3/18/09 12:20pm
Msg #281155

$20 or $40 signing??? If someone calls me and offers me that low amount, I'd probably ask them if they would fill my gas tank out of their own pocket with no cost to me. I don't pay to work for someone instead of them paying me for doing my job. What is the notary thinking about? sometimes I wonder if they're really thinking at all!

Reply by rengel/CA on 3/18/09 5:24pm
Msg #281221

The only way this California notary will do a $20 signing is if the signer comes to me and there are two notarizations.

Period. Well.... unless it's someone in a convalescent home, or....
I'm a sucker for seniors.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/19/09 2:38am
Msg #281319

Exactly...

Sounds to me like someone with an employee mentality. I love to have people like that as my competition! Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.