Msg #282081

I like Maxemail

Reply by Olivia Pugh on 3/25/09 11:32am
Msg #282084

Is it local or for long distance

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/25/09 1:09pm
Msg #282096

Both.

Anyone, anywhere can send me a fax. I selected a local number for my number and I pay around $60 a year - but they have cheaper options.

www.maxemail.com

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/25/09 1:28pm
Msg #282098

I just use the free efax service

I used to pay so I could have a matching area code, but since nobody uses faxes anymore, I gave that up and just went to a free number. I maybe get one fax every 3 or 4 months anymore.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 3/26/09 12:07am
Msg #282164

Re: I just use the free efax service

I agree with calinotary that no one uses a fax anymore, because I receive about 1 fax per month and it's usually a "Trip To The Bahamas".

I use my fax machine to send out responses to signing companies for their completion report .

Reply by PAW on 3/26/09 7:55am
Msg #282177

Faxing is still commonly used

Contrary to popular belief, faxing of documents is still very common. Granted, not as common in **our** segment, but still very much used by title companies and lenders, especially when a lender has a requirement for 'funding docs' to be sent back to them for review.

However, I must add, that many lenders (probably most of them) use an e-fax for receipt of docs, but nonetheless, faxing is still widely used.

Faxing is also very common in sending legal documents for immediate use (then followed by the originals by FedEx/UPS). Again, many offices in the legal community use an e-fax for receipt of documents.

Personally, I find it a lot easier to simply fax the documents using a fax machine to send, rather than scan to a file and then email the file. For electronic documents, email is preferred. I do use WinFax Pro to send "printed" copies of electronic documents to clients who want the docs faxed and not emailed.

Reply by sue_pa on 3/26/09 9:09am
Msg #282182

same here

I send and receive faxes basically every day. I receive them through the computer and send them via a regular fax machine.

I haved one client that is not permitted to e-mail docs (no idea why but apparently it's a security issue for them) so if there is a last minute change (I receive overnighted docs from this client), they fax rather than e-mail the updated docs. Sometimes they also pay for same day courier service since e-mailing isn't an option for them.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/26/09 12:07pm
Msg #282203

Re: Faxing is still commonly used

"Personally, I find it a lot easier to simply fax the documents using a fax machine to send, rather than scan to a file and then email the file"

For outgoing faxes I do use the fax machine, but like Joan, that's pretty much limited to sending invoices. I think this year I've gotten one incoming fax so far, and all that was was a copy of a grant deed that I "missed" during a signing (which, of course, wasn't actually sent to me in the first place). For stuff like that, a free efax number is more than adequate for me.

Reply by Olivia Pugh on 3/25/09 9:01pm
Msg #282151

thank you

Reply by PAW on 3/25/09 1:32pm
Msg #282102

I use TrustFax

A lot of my business relies on faxed documents. So I have a TrustFax (http://www.TrustFax.com) account.

Reply by Olivia Pugh on 3/25/09 9:00pm
Msg #282150

Re: I use TrustFax

Thanks guys for all your help

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.