Notary Rotary
Infuriating update on Express Financial & Express Title
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Sharon Taylor on 3/19/09 12:24pm
Msg #281369

Just got the latest bankruptcy court paperwork regarding the "Final Fee Application" of the law firm representing Express Financial Services, Inc., and Express Title Services of Ohio, Inc.
Their "blended hourly rate" is $305.08. And their total fees are $384,480.11!
Express could have paid for 3,075 closings at $125 per assignment, but instead they stiff the notaries and pay OUR earned money over to a law firm to get them out of having to pay us along with any other worker bees they stiffed.
I am very lucky that they only stiffed me on one closing. I know some of you were stiffed for a lot more.
And signing agencies and title companies wonder why we check their credibility before taking that first assignment from them, and why we continue to monitor their credibility on sites like this???

Reply by MW/VA on 3/19/09 3:49pm
Msg #281401

That's too bad. This is always the name of the game--attorneys making their money in bankruptcy, divorce, etc. It's always about who gets to the assets first.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/19/09 4:20pm
Msg #281406

If the attorneys for the debots...and the attorneys for the

creditors...are ALL getting the monies they're petitioning the court for - EFS could have paid their notaries 10 times over and not had to file BK!!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/19/09 4:23pm
Msg #281407

LOL....debots???...ummm..that would be "debtors"..hehe n/m

Reply by MonicaFL on 3/19/09 9:56pm
Msg #281439

Now that my sister and her husband are no longer in the signing business I can tell you how they got their money for EFS - they filed a claim against their (EFS's) and got everything that was owed to them. I was asked not to divulge this information at that time because they were just working on it and seeing if it would work and it did. So, now I say this to everyone, if it is a big company (such as EFS) go after their bond! My sister and brother-in-law were owed together about $6,000 and they got it.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/20/09 5:23am
Msg #281446

How do you find out about a company's bond info so you know where to make a claim?

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 3/20/09 10:12am
Msg #281466

Filing against the company's bond would be great solution

So happy to hear they got their money. Never thought about filing a claim with a deadbeat company's bond coverage, but it sure would provide a great solution and a real persuasive crowbar to help pry our hard-earned money from those signing agencies and title companies who scam us. And it is a scam when they take on assignments and hire notaries even though they know they are getting ready to file bankruptcy or just fold their doors and slink off into the night. It might especially help put a stop to those that stiff notaries, go "out of business", and then reopen a short time later under another name.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.