Notary Rotary
It's time for me to renew my Zone Alarm security suite
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Charles_Ca on 3/4/09 1:31pm
Msg #279475

next month and I'd like to check and see what others are using and how happy they are with it. I've had Norton and it became klunky and intrusive and the same seems to be happening with the Zone Alarm security suite. What do you like, and of course, why?

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/4/09 1:46pm
Msg #279479

Norton ('til it got klunky & intrusive...a PITA) then something else that I don't remember and am back to Norton, which has stopped being a PITA. Am sure you'll get better answers than this.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 3/4/09 1:57pm
Msg #279485

Actually, I've used Norton for more years than I care to

count starting with a toolbox product they used to have and I've always liked their products. I'm not sure why but it seems that many software products go from sleek to klunky and then cycle back again: perhaps it depends on who the product manager is at the time. I really liked ZoneAlarm when Norton got klunky and maybe Norton has ceased being klunky (nice technical term "klunky", no?) anyway thanks for the recommendation.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/4/09 2:02pm
Msg #279486

I switched to E-Set about two years ago. It isn't cheap, but IMO is excellent for business purposes. It isn't intrusive like or a memory hog like Norton. Norton was giving me a real problem, because it was always running in the background & interferring with downloading docs, etc. There are lots of security programs out there, and the email programs have all the firewalls, etc. attached. That can be where the problem arises--they end up fighting one another. E-Set does the job for me.

Reply by John_NorCal on 3/4/09 9:21pm
Msg #279538

I used ZA for quite a few years till it got "klunky" a couple of years back. Since then I use McAfee, it appears to do a good job, since I get it as part of my Comcast package now, I like it even better. I just bought a new laptop and it has McAfee business on it. It seems to run quietly in the background and will ask me every once in a while if I want it to allow a particular action.

Reply by spnotaryplus on 3/4/09 10:13pm
Msg #279541

I use ZA Internet Security Suite for the past 3 years and it has't become "klunky". Started using it after using Nortons and McAfee and they were a pain for me. I like ZA and I use webroot running in the background as well. Sygate is a free download that you can use with the two I mentioned and will not crash your system. Well, for me it hasn't crashed.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/5/09 11:07am
Msg #279618

I'm very happy with McAfee does a great job and have had it for yearsSmile

Reply by GWest on 3/5/09 11:36am
Msg #279628

You might look at Trend Micro. My husband has that on his computer for years and loves it. He keeps telling me to put it on my computer, but I use McAfee as it was free through Comcast.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.