Notary Rotary
Land America
Notary Discussion History

Land America
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Jessc098 on 3/17/09 3:08pm
Msg #281003

Land America

I hope you didn't have invoices out to these guys... (from their web site today)

Notice: On November 26, 2008, LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. and LandAmerica 1031 Exchange Services, Inc. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. You can find information about the bankruptcy process and proceedings on the claims agent website.
On December 22, 2008, Fidelity National Financial, Inc. directly and through its underwriting subsidiaries acquired from LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. the following companies:

Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation and all if its subsidiaries
Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and all of its subsidiaries (including LandAmerica NJ Title Insurance Company)
United Capital Title Insurance Company
For a complete list of companies sold to Fidelity, please click here.

Due to the bankruptcies and the sale to Fidelity, much of the information on this website is not up-to date in regard to these developments. For a transition period, you can continue to find information about the companies sold to Fidelity on this site, with additional links to the various business sites and tools. Nonetheless, the businesses sold to Fidelity are now owned by Fidelity and not LandAmerica, and all inquiries and communications regarding these companies should be directed to representatives of the companies or Fidelity. Information related to current LandAmerica companies can also be found on the LandAmerica website.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/17/09 5:11pm
Msg #281019

Thanks for the post, but this is very old news. Many notaries have received the paperwork for filing claims in the Bankruptcy. It isn't likely that they will collect, but it is important to file the claim of there are monies owed.

Reply by Jessc098 on 3/17/09 5:14pm
Msg #281021

I thought it might be old, but noticed that the company wasn't listed as OOB here at NotRot, so I thought I'd post it in case others had difficulty with them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.