Notary Rotary
Land America Again?
Notary Discussion History

Land America Again?
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by RickinVA on 3/19/09 8:58am
Msg #281334

Land America Again?

Just got a call for a signing tonight from LandAm! When they asked if I could handle
it, I said sure, but I not sure I should take it since they are supposed to be bankrupt.
She asked if I got paid for my last one, and I said I did, but didn't know if I would get
paid for the next one. She said "That's OK. I'll take you off my list!" What's happening
here?

Ricki

Reply by MW/VA on 3/19/09 9:04am
Msg #281335

The last I knew was that Land America One Stop Signing (the ss) was not out of business or included in the bankruptcy. I think that has been discussed before.

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/19/09 9:13am
Msg #281337

Last check I got fro Land AM One Stop bounced. They reissued a check but refused to pay the bounced check fee.

Reply by Doris_CO on 3/19/09 12:57pm
Msg #281373

On another forum a notary said they had closed a loan for Land America One Stop in the early part of February and instead of getting a check for the closing they received bankruptcy forms to file a claim. Something is going on.

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/19/09 2:29pm
Msg #281393

LandAmerica Financial Group and LandAmerica One Stop are

not the same. My husband did inspections for LandAmerica Financial Group. LandAmerica One Stop Signing Service is still in business.

Reply by Kathryn Riley on 3/27/09 9:54pm
Msg #282450

Re: LandAmerica Financial Group and LandAmerica One Stop are

I used to sign a lot for them. Just recently I did a signing and received a letter asking if I wanted to file a claim as they were in bankruptcy. I was mad and called them because I had not received a check. I got a call immediately telling me that they had merged with Fidelity and I received my check a few days later. Haven't heard from them again, but did get another letter on filing a claim. I just threw it away.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/19/09 3:51pm
Msg #281402

It was probably a coincidence & really not related.

Reply by Daniel Woodman on 4/20/09 3:40pm
Msg #285712

What happened? Have any of you done signings with LandAmerica OneStop in the past couple months? Have you been paid? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Daniel

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.